• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question pricing and color vinyl

signgirl71

I know it varies from place to place and what type of vinyl but what would y'all charge to wrap this? I see they sell kits on ebay for 300.00 but of course I would be doing this myself so installation would need to be included as well as removal of existing vinyl. Also, the pic on the bottom right shows the color they are after which online says the name Sagebrush green. I barely ever use specialty vinyls, I mostly print - so has anyone ever purchased a vinyl this color? If so, what brand so I know what to look for. It is a matte vinyl and of course I am sure the vinyl color name is not going to match the paint color name. Thanks in advance, just looking to see if my price would be too low as I often lowball myself which I don't want to do.

Attachments

• sidebyside.jpg
    sidebyside.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 162

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I know it varies from place to place and what type of vinyl but what would y'all charge to wrap this? I see they sell kits on ebay for 300.00 but of course I would be doing this myself so installation would need to be included as well as removal of existing vinyl. Also, the pic on the bottom right shows the color they are after which online says the name Sagebrush green. I barely ever use specialty vinyls, I mostly print - so has anyone ever purchased a vinyl this color? If so, what brand so I know what to look for. It is a matte vinyl and of course I am sure the vinyl color name is not going to match the paint color name. Thanks in advance, just looking to see if my price would be too low as I often lowball myself which I don't want to do.

Sorry, I didn't see your price mentioned. About how much are you thinking ??

signgirl71

Sorry, I didn't see your price mentioned. About how much are you thinking ??
$450-$500 doesn't look like that much vinyl, but checking out the solid color matte wrap colors some are way pricier than others. Also, 500 seems kind of cheap to me but I also don't want to blow them out of the water if I say something like $800

damonCA21

It depends what you charge for your time really. Removing the old and fitting is probably a half day ish if you take your time. There is no real production time as its a vinyl wrap, so you just cut it and fit as you go.
If you are mega busy, then maybe $800, if its something you can fit in on a quiet day or between other jobs, $500 - $600 isn't bad

damonCA21

If the customer isn't in a rush, this is the sort of thing I would quote a week to do, and just do an odd hour a day in spare time

2B

Removal is ALWAYS at the hourly rate
* If they want an EXACT have them do the removal, they will STOP quick and have you do it.

$800 is closer to the rate we would list for color change material and installation

If you are hesitant about being too much, straight up ask them "How much are you expecting to pay?"
* They say $300, let them go
* They say $600, then get the details

a UTV is usually plastic, meaning you might have to use a low-energy film = which is more cost

signgirl71

If the customer isn't in a rush, this is the sort of thing I would quote a week to do, and just do an odd hour a day in spare time
These would be coming into a dealership new, easy take off decals (is what they tell me) and if it comes out good they will have me wrap the ones they just got in as well as all the future ones that come in. On the plus side they would bring me the panels as they say they come off easy. Would be a solid green with no relabeling. So may not be a specialty vinyl but a wrap vinyl. Being told it is smooth like paint, not textured like a cooler - lol. Don't think it's like placed decals, more like wrapping to completely cover the white. Think I'm gonna throw out $600 and see what comes back. Thanks!

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
However long it will take you x your hourly shop rate. Add this to the cost of materials plus your markup.

I know this is oversimplified but it’s where you need to start with all your calculations. You must understand your costs.

You can use this series of videos to help with some of this:

gnubler

These would be coming into a dealership new, easy take off decals (is what they tell me)
Just no.

I went through this last summer with some dealership decals on a trailer less than one year old. Based on the "ease" of removing a small part of one decal I quoted 2-3 hours for the removal. It ended up taking two of us six hours and I will NEVER quote a firm price or time span on removals ever again. Nightmare job.