• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pricing anyone?

steriltech

Hi All,
I got asked to do some decals for a motorcycle dealer ship..I take it he wants his name on his bikes or soming like that. I will meet with him tomorrow If he want a 5" by 3" of his dealer ship name how much should I price one. I say $1.50 each dose this seem fair to you guys?

He is going to want a bundle at a time? He also wants banners and what ever comes up along the way. Could anyone help with info on how much you would charge?

Thanks all:U Rock:

signguy95

I used to do alot of car dealership decals for the trunks of the cars. They were 2" x 3" and all cut vinyl we did minimum of 100 and we charged $1.50 each for them...NOW, I wouldn't do them for $2.00. It would take about 3 hrs to run & weed them, not to mention the vinyl cost (which was probably $5-10), but I hated weeding 1/4" to 1/2" letters for that long! Luckily they have been ordering them from someone else!!!!

Jay

onesource

If your meeting with him find out what he wants but be ready to price it at full price and know your margin of profit on bulk vs a few. If he gives you a lot of work give him a little break but not too much, 10-15% at most.
$1.50ea on a minmum order maybe, just make sure your making profit.

Ken

5 x 3 inch seems large for a motorcycle. Let's say business card size -would still be the same price. Are you printing or cut vinyl? Cut vinyl at that small size would be..challenging. $1.50 for a printed, spray lam decal, min 100 pcs. Suggest to the dealer that for a dollar-fifty, his name is out there. Very reasonable for the cost per view.
With good to go artwork. If you have to design it...k-ching!
Ken

TLG

Contact Stouse after you meet with him to find out exactly what he wants. Dealer name, city and sometimes phone is the norm. Don't quote him on the spot. Insted tell him you will work on his layout and come back to him with a realistic price after you know how big the text is and can figure materials/time. Anything about 5/16" tall is a PITA. Stouse can quote the layout when they see the file and you'll end up making more on the job.

I do a fair amount of these things for a marina and they always cause a migraine cause they're white and too small for Stouse ( I also a rep for an ASI company, but specs are specs). I charge the marina $2.75 ea (white), and $3.50 for Ultra Metallic.