• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing Channel letters

alienwraps

I recently purchased the equipment to manufacture channel letters and am trying to figure out how to price the letters and different styles. can anyone help

OADesign

I recently purchased the equipment to manufacture channel letters and am trying to figure out how to price the letters and different styles. can anyone help

There is this saying about putting a cart before a horse, or something like that :rolleyes:

Depending on your area, you will find pricing all across the board. So many variables go into it. Letter height, return depth, thickness of material, front lit / halo lit. Neon / LED, open face, pre colored plastic vs digital vs day night and more (and more and more). Raceways, install, permitting; the list goes on and on. Oh and UL certs.

Unless, you have all that other stuff covered you have a long way to go before you sell letter #1.

I would consider reaching out to some wholesalers to learn about the variables that affect pricing. Maybe by submitting project for quotes then asking the "whys and hows". I feel bad saying that because that means you are going to be wasting some guy/gals time on quotes that are not going anywhere.

What did you learn from whom ever you bought the equipment from? Start with them?

Last edited:

spectrum maine

You gotta make a lotta letters to justify that. ul listing alone is a huge hurdle. Do you have a big account that requires channel letters?
Considering a skilled fabricator & a router could whack out 6-12 letters per day manually. (depending on size & complexity)