• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing for 440 Ml Inks for Rolands

cartoad

Looking in the new Fellers catolog today (what a way to spend Sunday), on pages 90 and 91 has two brands that claim to be compatable with Roland Eco Solvent Inks. 220ml cartridges from Bordeaux Prime are 49.99 ea, but says the 440 are not recommended for SP540(?). The Solaris Max-Life has 220ml at $79.99 and 440 ml for 84.99, wonder if there is a misprint on this. Has anyone used these inks in their 540 versa camm yet? We only use the 220ml cartridges as we are low on space and walk around and turn and move the printer all the time.
Hal

signs2trade

You Can Use Either In The Versacamm....the Cartridge Just Sticks Out Further.....you Have To Be Careful Walking Aroung The End Of It

There was a typo in the fellers catalog on the Solaris Inks. They are 49.99 for the 220 ML Inks, and 440ML are 84.99!!! Asked my fellers sales rep.

Thanks!

There was a typo in the fellers catalog on the Solaris Inks. They are 49.99 for the 220 ML Inks, and 440ML are 84.99!!! Asked my fellers sales rep.

Thanks!

zmatalucci

I talked with my "independent" tech yesterday about these aftermarket inks, and she said in no way would she reccomend doing this. I completely respect her opinion, as she previously endorsed Roland, but no longer does, she just works on them. She could have easily capitalized on my mistake of switching to aftermarket, and she didn't,,, thats what I like to hear!!!!

Wyld, I can set you up with her if you ever need service, she's always around your neck of the woods, and her prices are phenominal compared to others!

Anyone heard of Durafos Inks? I got a set, but you have to reprofile to print with them... Bummer. I took them out and put back the OEM inks from Roland. Just sucks to have to print with just Roland inks... Costs way too much money, and hurts your margin to make money! I dont know, what do you think!

Chris

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
If profiling is your only problem....thats not a huge issue for me. I have the ability to profile in house. I wonder how these different inks can affect the jets and systems involved. most warranty against ink delivery issues or headpack problems. But does roland or a roland tech have the right to say "I wont service your printer" if they see another brand of inks on it??

Durafos rep said they have never had a warranty issue turned down with their inks on it. And that roland was aware of people using this as well, and still warranty this.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Im still considering the Bordeax deal. A supplier I trust is selling it...so Im probably going to give it a shot. I will check with the place that sold the Roland printer I bought it off of as well to see what they have to say.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Austin...im really giving some thought to the Durafos inks. Talked to the reps today...but have a local rep for Bordeaux as well. Quite intersting conversations and very informative.