• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing for digital printing

signs2trade

sign business fron
over o our own dime
Im assuming the is the cost
as the hwlp section
had no urge to leave there services.
i douubt there
things out for n example
would like your oppinion
general populatiom
didnt ut all the time

Mikeifg

Here in my town everyone is so cut throat. I think the norm for the lowballers is 3m180c @ 2sfw/lam. I wouldn't touch it for under 6. But people think 2sf is too high. We all just need to use the price guide.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
In our area, there are over 50 to 60 sign shops within a 5 mile radius. There's quite a few more that aren't in the phone book or don't have legal licensing, but that's another story. Anyway, that's a 10 mile circle. Like scar, we charge our price, which is competitive and we still take in about 70% of what we quote. We are far from the cheapest, but we are known for quality and great service and the best part is... we can do it all and 95% of what we do is done in-house. We've saved a lot of peoples' butts from ruin over the years.

The other thing we have going is.... we can out perform almost anyone within 50 miles... simply because we can and we care about our customers. It's not lip service with us. It's a fact, jack. :thumb:

Circleville Signs

I think most people are missing what the OP is asking. He wants to know what he should be PAYING to a WHOLESALE VENDOR.

That conversation needs to take place in the Premium section, or via PM. (see Gino...i DO pay attention!)

Gary

Circleville Signs

Here in my town everyone is so cut throat. I think the norm for the lowballers is 3m180c @ 2sfw/lam. I wouldn't touch it for under 6. But people think 2sf is too high. We all just need to use the price guide.

WHAT!!!????!!!! Cast at that price should get someone's shop egged at least.

:banghead:

Gary

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think most people are missing what the OP is asking. He wants to know what he should be PAYING to a WHOLESALE VENDOR.

That conversation needs to take place in the Premium section, or via PM. (see Gino...i DO pay attention!)

Gary

I see.... you are paying attention. LOL

I would suggest to the OP to join the 'Premium' member/subscriber section and have better insight to these things plus many more that will probably benefit him greatly.

As to what he should be paying a wholesaler.... that's entirely up to him. He has to do comparative price shopping and judge for himself. Anyone can tell him from 99¢ up to $12.00 a foot. That won;t mean diddly to him. He has to find out for himself or go elsewhere and I don;t want to be responsible for making a suggestion and he can't find what he wants. Some things must be done for one's own self. No one else can do some of the small items. Obviously, if he gets his own printer and everything to go with it, he'll be capable of producing anything for far less than anyone could wholesale to him.... but then he has a whole lot of upfront costs and learning to do to become proficient with his new toy. So, in that sense, he's being overcharged, but if everything is honky~dory with his present supplier.... why upset the apple cart over a few dollars he can save on his own. That'll take a long tome to catch up to.

ONLINE SIGN GUY

First, i think 1-45 is enjoying his spiked eggnog...cheers to you on the holidays.

I relize know one can tell me ehat to pay, and i undertand just as customers do that a "good deal" is purely preseption!

I was basicly putting out feelers to see what others charge or pay, im happy with my currant supplier, but truley had nothing to compare it to, now if someone is alot less, and as good of quality, i would consider, i just like keeping my supplier connection to a minimum, it makes it easier.

That being said after just being on here after a month, and am about to become a premium subscriber, i have opened my oppinions to other companys.

I have read alot about the company grimco which i just signed up with, signcraft for some better estimating basics and have noticed my prices i think are ussually to low.

I read through the estimate website that you should only get 1/2 your jobs after giving an estimate or your to low, my closing rate is like 95%....so im looking raise some prices after the new year.

I slao checked out signlab....i was blown away by the features of thier designing capabilitys, plug ins, and cutting/printing.

I have primarly used corel, it wat i learned on..."dont hate me adobe peeps!" i also have cs2, but am much more capable in corel, im currantly running x3, going to upgrade to x4 in janurary, and seriously considering signlab!
No to mention "mosh" recomended it so i had to check it out..lol

i appreciate al the input i have recieved on this topic and im sure ou will see mny more threads starting soon....happy holidays everyone!

Slow down 1-45, theres still 2 more days left! Lol

ONLINE SIGN GUY

Btw, just curious, if im blind or not, i aded picture to my profile but it only shows up in my personal page but not on posts....

Is this only for premium subscribers or am i blind how to do it?

signs2trade

I relize
me ehat to pay
purely preseption!
my currant supplier
opened my oppinions
I slao checked
designing capabilitys
currantly running
appreciate al the input
sure ou will see mny more

ONLINE SIGN GUY

Glad you have a good sense of humor 1-45, just pokin fun, and your the only one that caught the typing.

Though i must admit the first line written wasnt on purpose, sometimes my brain runs faster than my fingers....

Im an artist, not a writer! Lol