Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pricing for HDU sign

Discussion in 'Dimensional Signs' started by bigben, Nov 5, 2020.

1. bigben

bigben Very Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    I outsource all my 3D signs to a shop near me since I don't have a CNC and paint shop. Never got a problem with pricing. I always been able to add a markup and be competitive.

I've got a request for a sign made of 1.5in HDU with a wood looking carving (like a 2.5D I guess). The overall size is 28inX20in, painted 2 colors and a side support made of aluminum square tubing that is painted black. I've never sold a sign like this before. The quote I have seems high for the overall size.

I don't like when people but pricing here so if few of you can send me a PM, I will send you the price I've got and I would like to have your opinion on it. To give you an idea, the price is higher than a 48X96 light box.

And to let you know, I'm located in Canada. So I assume the pricing will be different thant the US.

Thanks.

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Most suppliers will sell by the 1/2 or 1/4 sheet to save you money. I can't imagine a sign that little will cost around $950, but then maybe they wanna make more than they have in the past.

3. John Miller

John Miller Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Branford, Connecticut
    It takes much more time to do an overall texture on a panel than it does to carve letters. That could be part of the price difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    I was going to say what John Miller did. If you have a wood grain texture as the background, then they have to go over the entirety of the panel.

5. bigben

bigben Very Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    Oh! I completely understand it take more time. Gino give me a quote for the job and my normal guy was 2.5 times more expensive.

• Like Like x 1