• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing for Transit Wraps (Kings and Queens)

Pretz27

I have never bid a transit ad campaign before. I am curious as to what ballpark pricing everyone us using on installed (directly on bus) iJ36-20 or Busmark 5800. I surely do not want to low ball a price so what does everyone think is a fair price per Sq/ft?

Thanks!

JD

I have never bid a transit ad campaign before. I am curious as to what ballpark pricing everyone us using on installed (directly on bus) iJ36-20 or Busmark 5800. I surely do not want to low ball a price so what does everyone think is a fair price per Sq/ft?

Thanks!

JD

Transit and Out of Home production is all about price. There is no value added to get a higher price.
Busmark is between $.50 and $.65 s/f
3620 is between $.55 and .70 s/f

Higher volumes are even less than that.

It is straight volume driven and a great arena to be in if you have the process efficient and automated.
50% of our business model is Transit and Out of Home production. It is a great arena to be if you can compete as it is very cut throat market.

Last edited:

Christian @ 2CT Media

Transit and Out of Home production is all about price. There is no value added to get a higher price.

It is straight volume driven and a great arena to be in if you have the process efficient and automated.
50% of our business model is Transit and Out of Home production. It is a great arena to be if you can compete as it is very cut throat market.
Is that what you guys are getting installed?

Wow I guess we should count ourselves lucky out on this coast of the country.

It is very rare to have to provide install. Generally the posting company in that specific market handles installations (OutFront Media, Clear Channel, Lamar etc...) and is usually union labor.
Pricing is just for production

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

This would be another application where XBASE would make a lot of sense to use. If you had a layer of XBASE on the kings and queens, you can then use any permanent adhesive vinyl and it will bring the cost down from $0.65-$70 for the specialty adhesive to $0.15-$0.23 sq.ft for your print material, and it will act in the same way Busmark and 3620 would. Does that make sense?

The media needs to comply with the posting companies specification or it will get rejected. Usually the spec will require Flexcon. 3M and/or General Formulations. It is all removable media and for kings and queens they just keep going over the existing graphic until it is to thick and they remove all of them and start over.

The prices I disclosed are the selling price not my COM. Rest assured we still have a very healthy margin at those rates with plenty of room to go lower when needed.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
The media needs to comply with the posting companies specification or it will get rejected. Usually the spec will require Flexcon. 3M and/or General Formulations. It is all removable media and for kings and queens they just keep going over the existing graphic until it is to thick and they remove all of them and start over.

The prices I disclosed are the selling price not my COM. Rest assured we still have a very healthy margin at those rates with plenty of room to go lower when needed.

Yes I am working on getting XBASE as an approved solution for it.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Ok That makes sense.

We have done work for OutFront and Clear Channel in the past and we were in the $2.00 range installed. It was for school bus campaigns