• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing Help for a Hand Painted Sign

J Hill Designs

Excuse me, but where did you say gold leaf adornments or embellishments ?? What's that...... oh, you didn't. You also made it sound like the lettering job would be gilded.

why do people take what I/you say literary ?? Well, here on a forum, such as this, none of us are any better than what we communicate with one another in writing and writing alone. There are no inflections, raising or lowering of voice [intonation], no singing, no accents or anything else to help you along, so, if you write like a slob, you'll be understood to be a slob.

Democrat, Independent or Republican have no bearing on your smarts or how well you communicate, but I do see how that could be misconstrued. :rolleyes:
see if you can get some 23K gold leaf into the design.

Marlene

I haven't seen anything about how the sign will be done. will you be taking it down? how far away from your shop or what ever you have to do a sign makers job in is the site? have you added travel. by no computer fonts you are creating an original typeface for this job? have you charged for that creation? then there is the materials and labor. if it only takes a little paint are you charging for the full amount purchased for the job as it isn't like you'll be using it for another job. all those cost get forgotten for the most part from non-sign people so make sure all that is included.

sardocs

I've been handlettering since the early 70's so I have a number of different typestyles I can render without much layout. If it has been predetermined the sign will be painted I don't need to even go to a computer. And usually a quick "napkin sketch" sells the design. It's up to the client to decide how decorative and embellished a sign they can afford. Old Paint says he has trouble getting $400 for a hand painted sign. I am glad I don't live in his neighbourhood. I can paint a 400 dollar sign or a 300 dollar sign, but I can also convince a client to spent quite a bit more than that. Then it's up to me to deliver good value for their investment. An attractive attention grabbing sign has a valuable advertising return on investment. They need to understand that and when they do they will pay accordingly. Both teams win, yahoo!