• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing Help Please

GRIMREAPER

Have a customer that wants some graphics on a his 18 wheelers just thought I'd ask the experts in here for a bit of help on what I should charge. The "A" in the graphics would be done on my digital printer the res would be on the cutter.
I will be making the Assured Logistics on both sides as well as the vin numbers under that in blue. Th lettering on the doors as well as the red lettering under window. Also the 1001 on hood and the "Assured Logistics" in front and on top of trick. It will be installed as well. I will be using Oracal 651 for the cut graphics and Orajet 3164 for the multi color "A" on the digital printer. Thanks.
image-892139306.jpg

image-2527141426.jpg

image-3003598862.jpg

jfiscus

Rap Master
The price would probably depend on how many trucks you're doing at once & if you have a garage to do an install like this. (depending on the season at your location) A rough estimate just guessing would be around $800-$1000/truck?

I'm thinking $1200 for one truck. Maybe $1000 for several, but that's just a ballpark figure. That would be with Oracal 751 cast vinyl at bare minimum, if not 951. You plan on using 651 on a $140,000 Volvo? I think Oracals calendered films are fantastic but I would never even consider that.

Here's one I did a few months ago. 4 colors of Oracal 951. I priced it at just barely under $1000.00 and after all was said and done I thought that was still too low. Probably a lot of that had to do with the customer changing his mind several times throughout the design process and I was on a one week deadline to complete the job.

http://simplysignsandscreenprinting.com/portfolio%20images/image6
http://www.simplysignsandscreenprinting.com/portfolio%20images/image7

Sign Works

3164? Are you kidding? That's gonna look like sheet in about 6 months. Do yourself, your customer and this industry a huge favor and start using the proper materials on your jobs. Attached is Oracal's Media Reference Guide as to instruct you to the proper choice of media for this and other jobs. In this case it would be 3951 or 3751 along with 290 Lam, cut vinyl should be cast 951 or at least 751.

http://www.oracal.com/products/_docs/qrg/qrg-InkjetSelector.pdf

visual800

all oracal 651 $650.00 per truck for 15 trucks I think I could knock them all out in one day with one guy

wildside

price aside and materials aside....

whats up with the super sized everything?
i mean that looks like 4-5" tall dot numbers, ya know regs only need to be 2", trucks don't look like they are going to come out looking very good at all

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Using cast and some good digital media with lam.... you should be able to print, cut, weed and lam in about 4 to 5 hours. So, whatever your cost is on materials and I'd say about 10 man hours to apply it to 15 trucks, if they are all ready to go at once. I'd also send two people to handle ladders for the spoiler and when they're all finsihed, they could double-team the sides. I highly doubt that all will be present at once, so you might have to adjust your pricing due to inconvenience on your end.

I think most of the quotes here are too high here.

And a big YES........... your mock up is way out of proportion. Your sizes will be much smaller.

Last edited: