• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing help

boxerbay

Ok so we just purchased an FC8000-160.

yaaay.

My question is how do you price die cutting or perf cutting printed artwork.

I imagine there is a set up charge then a sq ft rate.

We used to do regular RTA cut vinyl at $4 sq ft. Not sure if that is still current.

any help is appreciated.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Have you taken the time to calculate your overhead and profit goals and apply that to a shop rate?

You can price based on a value system or you can price based on time and materials. You can then test that in your local market to refine it to insure that you are not leaving profits on the table. IMHO, simply pricing on a predetermined square foot rate is going to cost you lost profits or lost business.

boxerbay

thanks Fred. you right not one formula will work for everyone.

just wanted to see what other were charging. obviously it will vary according to local competitors.

i'm curious as to what others are pricing their die cut graphics. like logo shapes cut from printed decals.

as far as overhead. my dept. is part of a much larger print company. the building is paid off. the equipment is paid cash.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
What is the shop rates in other parts of your larger company and the markups on materials? That would be what I would go by. I would then track my quotes to orders ratio and adjust it until I averaged 70% quotes turned into sales.