• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing install

graphix45

I have a State Farm agent that had his truck wrap printed by a company that does the graphics for State Farm and now he's wanting it installed. I've done a few partial wraps which I sub out the printing, but never done a full wrap install. I think I can handle it, but I know it will take me longer than it would you guys. I need help with pricing the install. It's a 2010 or 2011 full size extended cab Chevy truck. The paint color is a champaigne/light gold and the wrap is red & white. Should I price it based on square foot of vinyl? or is there just a set price for certain vehicles? or both.
Thanks in advance for any advise.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So how many hours do you think it's gonna take you ??

Take that times your hourly rate and I think you just need to make sure of what your local market will bear.

graphix45

I'm guessing 10 hours with no interruptions. (like that will ever happen):ROFLMAO: It's only me and my wife & she really can only help me hold the vinyl while I install. I have to do all the trim work and detailed stuff around the bumpers, lights and grille. I will also have to remove the taillights and anything else that's easier to remove than work around. So with all that said maybe more like 12 hour give or take. So at $60 per hour it would be $600-$720 and will likely tie up a good part of 2 days. I'm just not sure if that's enough seeing how that's the only work that will go out those 2 days. Is $300-$360 per day good income??? If so maybe I should leave the full wraps to someone faster than me.

CanuckSigns

if you've never done a full wrap before, I wouldn't want to attempt it with customer supplied graphics, what happens if you mess up a panel?

graphix45

Since I don't have a printer I always work without a net when doing something printed. But that is a very good point I will consider.

CheapVehicleWrap

Don't forget to cut the doors and fuel door out. Actually it's fun to leave the fuel door and pull into a gas station and ague with the attendant that it was there last time I came in! What did you do with it?

dolce05

2.00 sq ft is what the market dictates here. We can wrap a van in 6 hours. . For wholesale i think thats fair. You didnt have to sell the job, purchase material, print | laminate, or design. Plus shops need to mark up your service. In this case your working directly for the customer, if your doing it at your shop, at your speed, add another 1.50 sq for overhead. Remember just because it takes you 3 days (just saying) doesnt mean you can get 3 days pay. My in house installer makes 20 hr thats 160 a day, we factor in 3.50 if we wrap under our roof so thats over 750 for a van install. So my advise is 2.00 wholesale and 3.50 retail.

JOE1

Hispana Signs New York
"2.00 sq ft is what the market dictates here. We can wrap a van in 6 hours. . For wholesale i think thats fair. You didnt have to sell the job, purchase material, print | laminate, or design. Plus shops need to mark up your service. In this case your working directly for the customer, if your doing it at your shop, at your speed, add another 1.50 sq for overhead. Remember just because it takes you 3 days (just saying) doesnt mean you can get 3 days pay. My in house installer makes 20 hr thats 160 a day, we factor in 3.50 if we wrap under our roof so thats over 750 for a van install. So my advise is 2.00 wholesale and 3.50 retail."

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
$2 a sft is only for flat surface installs for me. I bump it up depending on the year/make/model of the vehicle. Some pickups are easier than others of different years...contours and bumper styles etc. But Cargo Vans I pretty much have a standard price on due to simplicity and market pricing around me. I could technically do vans all day long for way less and I'd be fine with it...IF it guaranteed that's all I'd be doing...but it's not.
My wife hated working with me when I first started...I would take out all my inexperienced frustrations out on her. LOL I'm fine now.