• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing out a Site sign install

John HC

good morning all - just looking for some tips or recommendations on pricing out a site sign install - Got my pricing on the site sign itself - (I am a one-man vinyl sign shop - my son helps every now and then - in his free time from his full time job)
got the pricing on the 4"x4" x 12ft (treated)posts; the quick-crete, 2"x4" x 8ft(treated) for the runners -
this is a 4ft x 8ft alumalite sign that will be installed roadside - there is an existing sign there, well not much left except cracking peeling plywood on broken posts.
I might pull the existing posts, or cut them off at ground, then make new holes - have not decided yet. Do you pros usually double material cost, then factor in your labor costs?
I would like to be able to show a separate line item for the install(including removal of old, and provision of new materials)

thanks in advance guys and gals - I appreciate your input -

John C.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Cost of sign.......................................... $
Cost of installation................................. $
Cost of permits..................................... $

Possible removal of all existing debris at site and dispose of in a legal manner.

These all add up to the complete cost for the entire job. Don't itemized every little screw and walk to the bathroom. Not necessary.

TXFB.INS

we break our services down into three categories.
  • design
  • product
  • installation

In your case, there are several unknowns, drive-time, depth of hole, type of soil

as stated do not itemize every items cost. We include the price of the permit (if needed) in the installation cost.
We also have a clause that the installation can/will change once the project is completed if unexpected occurrences happen

T_K

Unless previously stated by the customer, we would always quote the removal of existing material as a separate line item. This gives the customer the option of saving some money (and us the headache) by digging it out themselves.

Sign price (including design)
2 man install at $XX per hour (min. fee = XXX), estimated at X hours.
Removal of existing sign/debris

Whether you want to do an hourly rate or a flat rate, install price should cover your time, large materials (posts, runners, concrete), and any special equipment you'd have to rent. We always include a minimum fee on the hourly rate option, to ensure that it's worth the trouble of doing it ourselves. The min. fee also encourages the pain-in-the-neck "I want it for free" customers to do it themselves on the small installs.