• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing out printed wall murals

CC-CMYK

I’m interested in how others are pricing out printed wall murals. I want to makes sure I’m doing it correctly. If the cost of my material and ink is $1.75 a sq foot do I times 4?

What’s the best strategy for pricing?

player

You should do a cost analysis to see what you actually need to make to run a profitable business. All your costs to get your hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and yearly costs. How many billable hours you do daily weekly etc. Be sure to cost in amortizing your printer so when it is time to replace it you have the money to do so.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
There really shouldn't be a standard, flat price for a wall wrap. The cost of materials is one thing. But the amount of design time can vary greatly from one project to the next. Our shop can produce wall wraps or murals that are digital printed. And we have a couple of guys who hand paint murals. The painting approach often works better for exterior walls with irregular surfaces, like brick. Material square footage, ink/paint costs and what not do figure into the bid. The amount of time it takes to design a mural as well as paint it by hand is the big wild card.