• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing Software

SignGirl101

So, I'm very new at sign making and I need a recommendation for comprehensive pricing software (mac version). Preferably free or low cost. I need to be able to quote customers much faster than I currently am. Any ideas/suggestions/thoughts? Thank you in advance!

TXFB.INS

there are MANY threads about this subject already
would try the search function

FYI there is no software that will quote that is FREE, or any descent program that is FREE from my experience

in order to quote, ad regardless of the software being used, you must have your all of your expenses known

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Like mentioned, good luck finding software which will do this for you, without many hours of input of data. Almost all quotes, need to be written out, and figured what your costs are from substrates and supplies to profits needed, to what all of your overhead, insurances and utilities are and then add 'em all together and hope you didn't forget anything.

After 45+ years, I still do the majority of it, on paper with a pencil. After I reach it, I then put it into my quoting software and make it look presentable and formal worthy.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I actually think the difficulty in pricing helps the sign industry. The harder it is for a customer to compare prices the more you you can charge. I hear all the time that a customer calls 4-5 shops and they get my bid within a day or two. They don't hear from the other 2 and the only other bid they actually WILL get comes in after 2 weeks.

dypinc

So, I'm very new at sign making and I need a recommendation for comprehensive pricing software (mac version). Preferably free or low cost. I need to be able to quote customers much faster than I currently am. Any ideas/suggestions/thoughts? Thank you in advance!

Take a look at this CreateABid.com

This might do what your looking for. There is a free ad-supported version, and being web based will work with a browser on your Mac.

Marlene

Unless you are a big company, the software probably won't pay for itself any time soon. I doubt if there is a free version of any software that is any good. If you subscribe to Sign Craft magazine, they have a free, up dated once a year, pricing guide that might work for you.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
In my neck of the woods, reps are taking calls for quotes usually while sitting in traffic. They already know typical costs for typical products and price accordingly by the square foot, linear foot, install rate, design fee, etc. The question becomes; “When do you need it?” There is never a rush charge because the word is taboo. 3 choices of price are quoted by time frame, much like FedEx. Of the 3 price choices, urgency suddenly becomes not so urgent after all. Also, the verbal phone quote is a firm quote, not just an estimate. A Filemaker mobile app form is then sent to the caller as a more formal quote record.

So, the software is really just the computational processor of the rep’s noggin.

Active Sign

Sign Guy
Make an excel sheet with formulas so all you need to do is punch in the measurements and it shows a price. Works for all square footage projects.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk