Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pricing Software

Discussion in 'Polls' started by SignStudent, Oct 31, 2011.

What estimating software do you use?

1. Activity

5 vote(s)
    2.2%
  2. Cyrious Software

27 vote(s)
    11.9%
  3. EstiMate

35 vote(s)
    15.5%
  4. Excel Spreadsheet

30 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. GraphixCalc

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. SignVox

16 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. Sign Tracker

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Other

19 vote(s)
    8.4%
  9. Don't use Software

78 vote(s)
    34.5%
  1. SignStudent

SignStudent Member

Jun 12, 2010
    TN
    I've been speaking with Jon Aston lately and we've agreed I should look into getting software to help speed up the estimating process. After looking through a few threads on here I've run into a ton of different options and am having trouble deciding on one.

I plan on checking out a few different trials but want to narrow it down because I don't really have time to try them all. I have a relatively small shop with just me and one full-time employee, so I don't think I really need something as high-end as Cyrious. If you're currently using estimating software, would you recommend it and why?

Tags:
  2. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    SignVox

3. AnotherSignManiac

AnotherSignManiac Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Florida
    CASper (easynet)

4. Kwiksigns

Kwiksigns wookie

Feb 17, 2009
    Beltsville, MD
    me too *headache*

5. SignStudent

SignStudent Member

Jun 12, 2010
    TN
    Wow there goes another one I haven't heard of yet. I'll have to check that out.

6. LarryB

LarryB Member

Dec 3, 2006
    Webster, Texas
    SignVox is awesome. Saves me lots of time entering orders and producing quotes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kevin-shopVOX

Kevin-shopVOX Active Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Maine
    SignVOX for sure....though I might be a bit jaded. If you would like to view a demo let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  8. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    I dont gte estimating software myself, BUT Im not bawshing it, I just dont get it

9. Farmboy

Farmboy Active Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Auburn, NY
    EstiMate. Although it's all I've ever used so I can't compare it. I would never quote without software. Everyone in the shop can use it. Free's up A LOT of time.

10. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    Ditto- not perfect but pays for itself. We really struggled before we got it-
    and if you intend to grow (and who doesn't/didn't) it is even more important
    to be able to access past info easily.

11. AnotherSignManiac

AnotherSignManiac Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Florida
    you don't like it? I think it's a fairly good piece of software, especially with all the updates as of late.

12. njshorts

njshorts Active Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Meadville, PA
    Excel Spreadsheets for basic pricing and costing, prices built in to quickbooks.

13. oldgoatroper

oldgoatroper Roper of Goats. Old ones.

Jul 28, 2009
    Alberta
    I chose "Other" even though I use a spreadsheet. The only spreadsheet option offered was "Excel Spreadsheet" -- why do people assume that if you're using a spreadsheet, its MS Office?

I have used OpenOffice for years and now use the new fork of development that is free from Oracle's influence -- LibreOffice

14. SignStudent

SignStudent Member

Jun 12, 2010
    TN
    Hmm, good question. I use Open Office myself but for whatever reason I didn't think to include it.

15. Mike F

Mike F Active Member

May 11, 2011
    Same here, it always amazes me that most people don't take advantage of open source software or freeware in general. I don't use a single piece of paid software besides VersaWorks and Corel X4.

On topic, I use a spreadsheet at the moment, but I'm also giving Sign Tracker a spin to see if it can help me keep things a bit more organized overall.

• Like Like x 1
  16. sar bossier

sar bossier Very Active Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Have CASper, waiting to switch to SignVox ... 1000% better than CASper. Get the SignVox free demo walk-thru, you'll see. CASper is VERY limiting, and takes WEEKS to adjust price ranges.

• Like Like x 1
  17. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    I'm switching to singvox soon...
    i can tell you what software NOT to get..

18. AnotherSignManiac

AnotherSignManiac Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Florida
    wish I was the one to make the decisions... secretly (but dont tell anyone) I love what I see with SignVox

19. Custom_Grafx

Custom_Grafx Very Active Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Excel here. Works fine and can easily customise it whenever I have the need.

20. Kevin-shopVOX

Kevin-shopVOX Active Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Maine
    Nice thing about SignVOX is that it has an Excelish feel to it when you are creating items, editing prices etc. One of the wish items we are working on is to take what you can currently export into an excel documents (prices, products, formulas etc.) and be able to edit in excel then reimport that right back into SignVOX. Makes bulk changes and edits even easier.