• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing this job...unreasonable?

TimToad

No such thing as no overhead unless you're painting wood bark with dirt in a forest for a living.

Thanks for that reminder.

I can't tell you how many home garage or basement signmakers I've known over the decades who have no hesitation using their "overhead" as tax deductions and expenses to save on taxes, but presume they can underbid everyone else with a brick and mortar shop because they "don't have any overhead"

TimToad

When he said "installed" was that to install the print on the Alumalite or to install the sign at the location?

I "mount" prints to substrates, I "install" the finished product onto whatever surface the client instructs me to do so on. I thought all of my questions were very clear and deserving of answers to fully flesh out what the situation is.

TimToad

I would charge for a 3x8 plus install, but include the alumalite full cost. The 12in x8' is scrap that can be used by you for other work. If it is a ground level install I would add that anyway.I always charge installs plus the sign. There is some three tier pricing information that might help you.

Except that the stated size is 30" x 60" which might be a set size for this customer's space.

With the drop off from a sign this size, my shop can and regularly does yield five 18"x24" signs that at over $40 for an alumalite sign, that's an extra $200 for us.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Except that the stated size is 30" x 60" which might be a set size for this customer's space.

With the drop off from a sign this size, my shop can and regularly does yield five 18"x24" signs that at over $40 for an alumalite sign, that's an extra $200 for us.

We call that..... gravy.

Jackpine

Sorry, I read it too fast but the information is still good.

Size is 60" long by 30" tall.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Oh yeah, back to that count...... dontcha mean you'll get 6pcs 18 x 24's outta that off-fall ?? :bookworm

TimToad

Oh yeah, back to that count...... dontcha mean you'll get 6pcs 18 x 24's outta that off-fall ?? :bookworm

You're right. This just gets better and better all the time doesn't it?

So now, we've got $548.00 worth of work out of a single 4'x8' sheet.