• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing Trade Show Posters?

Sven

I’m designing six or more 2mil polystyrene posters for a defense contractor’s trade-show. I’m charging my hourly rate for the design work, but I’m not sure how much to mark up the printing, which I’m subbing out. The printer, who’s charging me $7/sf, says I should charge $12 or $13 per square foot. That seems high to me. Any thoughts?...

jfiscus

Rap Master
I’m designing six or more 2mil polystyrene posters for a defense contractor’s trade-show. I’m charging my hourly rate for the design work, but I’m not sure how much to mark up the printing, which I’m subbing out. The printer, who’s charging me $7/sf, says I should charge $12 or $13 per square foot. That seems high to me. Any thoughts?...

That sounds good to me, plus do not forget to charge for the substrate and your mounting time. (unless your printer is providing it to you mounted for $7/ft)