• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing WARNING Signage / Durability

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I can make a 10 year sign

I would make the signs out of .063 or .080 aluminum with oracal 651 and or
digital prints with PPG urethane clearcoat, THAT will last 10 years and I can guarantee it. I would install the ones on the concrete with the small slam anchors with drive pins, stainless steel tap screws for the metal installs. the .063 or 080 aluminum would not need a bracket over the ribs(depending on the rib length and size of signs)

jobs like this are profitable but take time for the instal
l

visual........

Not pointing fingers or making fun of you, but you're telling us that a 3 to 5 year ink will not fade for at least 10 years using this process regardless which way the sign faces or how much sun exposure these signs get ??

I can believe the sign will last, but find little faith in the ink going that long and still looking bright and as good after 10 years.

mikefine

Warning: Pun intended

I hate to deviate from the vinyl discussion, but this sounds like a specialized job. Have you been provided specifications: size of lettering, material,
ADA sign and installation requirements? I see lots of liability concerns and issues.

HulkSmash

visual........

Not pointing fingers or making fun of you, but you're telling us that a 3 to 5 year ink will not fade for at least 10 years using this process regardless which way the sign faces or how much sun exposure these signs get ??

I can believe the sign will last, but find little faith in the ink going that long and still looking bright and as good after 10 years.

Gino I know a company who had the very first oce flatbed. Every single outdoor sign they printed on it...they clear coat with automotive body clear coat. 8 years later, i see a lot that are still standing strong with color and quality. I believe it does help in ink longevity.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Geeze..... I didn't even know Oce' has been making flatbeds that long. I thought they came on the market in like 2006-7.

Even though, that's not my question. No indication of fading is still hard to believe much past 6 or 7 years. I have some prints that have made it well past 6 years and still looking good, but to put a 10 year guarantee on them sounds a little scary. I warn against them lasting much past 5 years.

visual800

gino yes I would guarantee it. using a high solids clear is one of the most lasting applications you can do. Its time consuming and a PITA sometimes but it rocks. I clear coat all of my aluminum signs because after a couple years the finish on aluminum starts to oxidize

the only time I have had peeling was when I switched to a lesser but just as good product. it took a year but the clear was NOT a good product I went back to the high soliids