• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing Wrap Installation

signgal01

I have a job to do a full wrap on a passenger van with provided graphics about 400 sqft of material. Just curious if you have a sqft price you charge for installation or just do a shop hourly rate? Thinking this wrap would take 8 hours 2 people in my shop?

Sign Gal

reQ

all depends from shop-to-shop. Some one will install as low as 1.00 per sq/ft but usually its 2-3 bucks a sq/ft for installation. At the end of the day, you need to figure out how much YOU have to charge to make money.

heyskull

It is not just about the vehicle or sq foot area it is also the material that is used.
For instance the difference betwwen using 3M IJ-180 and Arlon DPF 6000 is about 50% more fitting time.
Arlons material is no way as forgiving as 3Ms and takes a lot longer to apply.
I am always suspect about fitting a wrap I haven.t supplied and printed.
I have had clients bring in material that was unbranded which was even more suspect whether it was wrap material or not!

For instance here in the UK we do a lot of repairs for a local paintshop on British Gas vans.
The material supplied is branded 3M (but god knows which one) it is liquid laminated and comes supplied with paper application tape over the face! The material once removed of the application tape which has to be removed as paper appplication tape does not curve is as thin and unmountable as anything you have come across.
It is a challenge fitting this to an acceptable level and has been used as a cost cutting.

I would add an extra 50% on to your normal fitting cost and state that if their is any failure or mishaps with the materials they supply that you cannot be held responsible and still need payed for your time.

SC

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
A van like that, $1.50/$2.00 sq.ft., depending on what the vinyl supplied is. Cars, or anything with more complex curves/excess trimming/etc, $3/sq.ft.. Requires more time.