• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing

Cristo Armando

Hi everyone,

Can you please let me know what is the “usual” price on full and half wrap for this van/truck I’m located in NC.

I’ll really appreciate any advise. Thanks.

Attachments

• 5AACFB1D-4F8C-41B8-8A4F-AC3F1075B728.jpeg
    5AACFB1D-4F8C-41B8-8A4F-AC3F1075B728.jpeg
    343.1 KB · Views: 258
  • 5F6C0F34-0C4F-4D6F-B71D-6CCE0C50F3F5.jpeg
    5F6C0F34-0C4F-4D6F-B71D-6CCE0C50F3F5.jpeg
    344.2 KB · Views: 230

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's really a loaded question.

• Are you doing the layout/design work ??
  • Are you printing the product ??
  • What grade vinyl and laminate are you using if applicable ??
  • Are you doing this in your shop or renting someplace ??
  • Are you providing labor portion only ??
  • Are you doing bumpers, mirrors and every nook & cranny on it ??
  • Are you providing any warranty ??
  • What's your overhead ??
  • Are you properly insured to have customers vehicles on your premises overnight ??
  • Are you using any employees on this ??

rjssigns

Installer I work with charges $2.94 per square foot for vans, trailers etc...you supply materials and staging/lift.

Superior_Adam

In our area a wrap is cheap and we got away from doing them. I was at $10/ft installed with 4 hours of design included for flat surface and $12.50-$15.00 for non flat. We were under bid daily. We would only use 3M and had a 3 year warranty. Wraps around here are hard to read and look terrible. I have seen many that have failures 3 months in and want me to "fix" it because they place that did it said its normal. Get what you pay for I guess.

signage

Hi everyone,

Can you please let me know what is the “usual” price on full and half wrap for this van/truck I’m located in NC.

I’ll really appreciate any advise. Thanks.

What is the price you are thinking of charging?
What materials are you using?
Are you designing and printing?
How much experience do you have at this type of work?

Reveal1

In our area a wrap is cheap and we got away from doing them. I was at $10/ft installed with 4 hours of design included for flat surface and $12.50-$15.00 for non flat. We were under bid daily. We would only use 3M and had a 3 year warranty. Wraps around here are hard to read and look terrible. I have seen many that have failures 3 months in and want me to "fix" it because they place that did it said its normal. Get what you pay for I guess.
I get it, there's always someone willing to commoditize where others have established demand for the product. Happens in a lot of industries where the focus becomes the cost of component parts and not the value of the overall solution. In your case I would want to be selling an effectively designed advertising solution with a long service life. I would think that in an area where wraps look terrible and don't last, that someone who provides well designed wraps that last would thrive and be a little picky about the jobs they take.

Cristo Armando

• Are you properly insured to have customers vehicles on your premises overnight ??

Hi Gino,

Now, that's a loaded answer jk

The thing is with all that info on my hands, I'll probably not asking for any advise here. But I'll do my best to answer all of your question. I do appreciated your time.

Yes
Yes
Avery MPI 1105 + Lam 1360 Z

• Are you doing this in your shop or renting someplace ?? No shop
I'll do this on customer shop.
I don't understand.

Yes
Yes 6months
I don't understand.
I have no shop
No.

Cristo Armando

Hi Superior_Adam,

The price per sqft is very similar here (that's the info I got) in this market, $15sqft. Let me ask you, if you decide not to work on wraps, what is the most service you're requested on your shop?

Thanks!

Cristo Armando

What is the price you are thinking of charging?

Hi signage,

Thank you for your help,
Avery MPI 1105 + Lam 1360 Z

Yes

To be honest, I have experience on half wraps.

Thanks!

signage

you need to know your overhead operating costs, now figure what you need to earn to cover those and the cost of materials plus markups. It doesn't matter what someone else charges, because if your operating expenses are higher you will be losing money, also consider replacement/repairs of your equipment. Hope this helps you! Good luck.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Evidently, this is a part-time gig for you. No shop, no overhead and only participating early in the morning or late at night. Or, you're a workaholic. ......... Anyway, you need to figure out what you have invested both material-wise and time-wise, add your markup and profit and what YOU need to get, not others. The old excuse that you just want a guide, is worthless. What's it matter what Jimmie is getting ?? Is he paying your bills. Is he doing the work ?? If you cannot figure out what you have invested in this job...... or any job, how can you expect to make money on anything... anywhere ?? If you're only used to partial wraps, do you even know how to wrap a mirror or a bumper ?? Do you know how long it takes to clean all the needed areas of a vehicle that size, let al9ng how to take needed hardware off and disconnect things ?? What happens if you mess something up and hafta run back to your house and print something, wait for it to properly cure and laminate ??

Are you sure you're even qualified to tackle this project ??