• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing

DAVE KEPHART

Trying To Understand Vinyl Sign Pricing,simple One Color Stuff.been Estimating Collision Damage On Cars For 30 Years ,but When I Comes To Signs ,all I Ever Did Was Write A Check.i Don't Want To Give The Stuff Away,but I Don't Want To Come Across To High And Scare Everyone.

Thanks
P.s. I Really Want To Thank Everyone Who Responds To These Threads ,it Has Been Very Helpful .this Kind Of Information Does Not Grow On Trees.

Lunatic Taskbar

Unfortunately I don't think there is a one price fits all.

Its varies from street to street, town to town, shop to shop. What some think is way to high others will command with ease, what some shops have trouble abstaining others will think they are lowballing.

It may be worth running a little test, something as simple as this:

Design something, say a sign of a fixed size, then decide what wording you want on it, and how many colors and what coverage. then decide how much you would charge for this sign... Now keep that figure written down. Now ask friends or family to call around a few close-ish sign shops and give them very precise instructions, ie a sign made of "insert substrate here" this size "insert size here" with these colours "insert colours here" so you will be comparing apples to apples then have them call and quote for the exact same sign. Now depending on the costs that come back you can learn a lot. as an example if they try up selling them find out why and you can also use the technique your self. you probably wont be bang on with everyone as most will be different but if your in the ball park then your pricing should be close.

As to specifics I am sorry I cant help you.

I hope this helps a little.