• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pricing..

2xcapers

Hi,
I have a person interested in 30 signs. They are looking for them to be vinyl on bristol board stock.
Signs (bristolboard) are 36" x 19.5 with lettering - 23.5 x 16

2 questions... will vinyl on BB be ok?
also what kind of price would be approprite?

I think they would be better on a printer but I'm not in the position to do them that way.

thanks for any help on the vinyl pricing..
Vic

Attachments

• buy one  letter 24x16.jpg
    buy one letter 24x16.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

Checkers

If it's the material I'm thinking of, you shouldn't have issues. However, although unlikely, you can run into adhesion problems if its a matte surface because some vinyl may not want to stick to it. I would also suggest that you use low tack transfer tape.

For a quantity that size, I would suggest you find a screen printer and outsource them. It would be easier and probably more profitable.

Checkers

2xcapers

thanks,
what would be a fair price on vinyl for this? I will also look at outsourcing locally.

Although I think the person is pretty fixed on vinyl ??

thanks again.

JR's

I google it (A high quality heavy weight paper, sometimes made with cotton fiber prepared or glued together)

JR

2xcapers

Bristol Board... Mosh.. this is 10 years into the New Millenium. Time to open your mine to every possibility and everymarket.

Jr. I'm sure they must use this in school systems. My son still uses it in projects at their school?

Sorry guys, but this is what the customer has in place for signage. I'm sure they aren't going to change out an entire system , just for 1 signage special. Its a coated card stock display system

thanks for all positve help so far

Vic

Circleville Signs

Why WOULDN'T they change it?

It is your job as a professional to explain to them WHY they should make a change. And if you do your job well enough, it might result in them changing ALL of their signage, which would result in MORE work for you.

You need to get out of the mindset that "The customer is always right". The customer is very rarely right. This isn't McDonald's. You are a professional (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt). Act like one.

Gary

2xcapers

HMMM, as stated..
I'm sure they aren't going to change out an entire system , just for 1 signage special.

Its 1 special. This is a National company and signage is provided. The manager is running his own special and requires some work to go in the existing hardware.

geeez

OldPaint

you got a local PRINT SHOP...like in the old days, that does flyers, business cards, letterheads????
or some one with a WIDE FORMAT PRINTER.....kinda silly to do TEMP SIGNS of that type, with any vinyl.

2xcapers

I came here hoping to use this site as a resource. Tap into the great knowledge not available anywhere else. Sometimes you get it, othertimes ????

Well I'm going for it anyway.
I'm pricing low but still making a few $$$ + gaining experience.

thanks to the helpers :thankyou::U Rock:

and THANKS! to all the others :noway::covereyes:

2xcapers

jscarl

Why not contact some of the merchant members on S101. Most will give a good discount to members.

Jillbeans

Any time I apply vynull to a posterboard type material I have to varnish the material first (I use 1-Shot UV Clear spray) or else the transfer tape will tear the paper when you take it off.
You would be better off using coroplast, as these are only temporary signs.
I would outsource them to a screenprinter if you want to use the Bristol Board.
(anyone remember Hot Press and Cold Press?)
Love....Jill

Circleville Signs

I came here hoping to use this site as a resource. Tap into the great knowledge not available anywhere else. Sometimes you get it, othertimes ????

Well I'm going for it anyway.
I'm pricing low but still making a few $$$ + gaining experience.

thanks to the helpers :thankyou::U Rock:

and THANKS! to all the others :noway::covereyes:

2xcapers

It is, and always will be, mind numbing to me that people ask for advice, get it, and then when they don't like it - they shoot the messenger.

The fact is that you are working too hard for too little money if you are doing this in vinyl.

It's a bad business decision. I realize you don't LIKE to hear that, but that doesn't change the fact that it is the truth.

Gary