• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Primer 94 over used?

jeffr0wland

Has anybody ever encountered a wrap removal where the installer had used just way too much primer? Very frustrating. I'm stripping a wrap that look like they used a 2" paint roller to apply the primer. There are spots that are 6" wide for length of the van of primer. In that spot one 1/4" wide 1/8" body line. I mean seriously that much primer for a small body line! Crazy. I have over 14 hours removal in a VW eurovan. The vinyl is 3 years old and is 3M 1080 (stuff with hatch marks). Heat, vinyl off neither one working very good.

AKProbeGT

Has anybody ever encountered a wrap removal where the installer had used just way too much primer? Very frustrating. I'm stripping a wrap that look like they used a 2" paint roller to apply the primer. There are spots that are 6" wide for length of the van of primer. In that spot one 1/4" wide 1/8" body line. I mean seriously that much primer for a small body line! Crazy. I have over 14 hours removal in a VW eurovan. The vinyl is 3 years old and is 3M 1080 (stuff with hatch marks). Heat, vinyl off neither one working very good.

Yup, Ford E series. Took about 3 times add long to remove as expected. Customer had to pay for the extra time. No way we could have anticipated that.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Yep. Removed a wrap on a smart. I think the installer dipped the whole car in 94. Literally every square inch had primer. Took 2 people 4 days to clean up that mess.

natedawg9640

yuck. I saw a local add on craigslist stating that the person enjoyed stripping vinyl and found it relaxing and they would do a whole strip job for $35. LOL. I'd like to get a job like those and call them up.