Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Primer 94 over used?

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by jeffr0wland, Jun 28, 2013.

1. jeffr0wland

jeffr0wland Member

Nov 21, 2006
    Has anybody ever encountered a wrap removal where the installer had used just way too much primer? Very frustrating. I'm stripping a wrap that look like they used a 2" paint roller to apply the primer. There are spots that are 6" wide for length of the van of primer. In that spot one 1/4" wide 1/8" body line. I mean seriously that much primer for a small body line! Crazy. I have over 14 hours removal in a VW eurovan. The vinyl is 3 years old and is 3M 1080 (stuff with hatch marks). Heat, vinyl off neither one working very good.

Tags:
  2. AKProbeGT

AKProbeGT Premium Subscriber

Jan 17, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Yup, Ford E series. Took about 3 times add long to remove as expected. Customer had to pay for the extra time. No way we could have anticipated that.

3. MikePatterson

MikePatterson Head bathroom cleaner.

Yep. Removed a wrap on a smart. I think the installer dipped the whole car in 94. Literally every square inch had primer. Took 2 people 4 days to clean up that mess.

4. natedawg9640

natedawg9640 Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Appleton, Wi
    yuck. I saw a local add on craigslist stating that the person enjoyed stripping vinyl and found it relaxing and they would do a whole strip job for $35. LOL. I'd like to get a job like those and call them up.