• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Prinhead cleaner opinions needed

UnlimitedBT

Hi guys. We have recently purchased a Xerox Wide Format 8265 which is Mutoh SpitFire Extreme 65, the problem is that it was repo'ed by Bank/leasing company and was stored for a while apparently not drained... (it powers up with no errors but prints nothing at all)
We own a prinshop - main reason I am here as well as Equipment Sale/Service Company - secondary reason I am here. Realistically, I understand that we're looking at the purchase of a set of PrinHeads but my partenr has an idea of purchasing of an Utrasonic PrintHead cleaning station...
I would agree to it for a few reasons:
#1 Printer is in near new condition and heads just can't be warned out - assuming that device is works as described, it should help
#2 If we trade printers for living, it should serve us in the future
He also wants to commercialize on that which I am not sure will be in demand...
So here is the question:
Assuming it works - we will test it on our own printers, would anyone, practically/theoretically interested in this service? I.e. - you ship it to us, we run a procedure and ship it back.
If yes, what could be/should be a realistic price? - I understand that there is a conflict of interest but still, I would like to get a general opinion.
Percentage of price of a new or flat price based on complexity of a procedure?
I greatly appreciate your input.
Thanks in advance.
Roman.

Robert M

Cleaning Epson heads

The question to ask is has anyone ever had any luck with an Epson print head cleaning system?

artbot

there's a scathing thread on this site discussing this machine. a few very unhappy customers.