• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print alignment issue.

Steveloaf

First of all thanks to everyone who responded to my post about my ink issue a while back. It was a bad capping station.

What I am experiencing now is misaligned print cut in the scan direction. I had a tech look at it today when he serviced my machine and he was stymied. The best way to describe it is in the service menu if you do the three square print align the far right square is on. The middle square is off by a half square and the far left is off the width of a square. All cuts are off to the right side of the squares.

However if you print a design say a few circles and you set the basepoint in the center of the material (30" roll) the center circle will be on but as the machine cuts to the left the circles will have the cut line increasingly be off to the right side of them. The cut aligns true near the origin you set and loses ground as the cutter goes to the left. I cleaned the encoder and the eye, set the limit, did a print cut align and even tried to very slightly tighten the cable (and aged it) which I put back where it was when it didn't seem to work.

The machine prints absolutely perfect but cutting is an issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Steve

I got a few ideas.... first this is a normal issue with roland print cut situation. You did everything you should but when you tighten the cable do you have a wire tensionometer? If not I would never tighten it b/c it will cause problems needs to be a certain tension 10 mm/ln next thing if the encoder is dirty and visibly looks crappy change it?? you really cant clean those much without affecting them drastically. PM me if you need help