• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Alignment

GraphixUnlimited

hey all,

having a wicked lil problem the last few days with my mimaki jv3

all colors are printing fuzzy... this might get long winded but here we go...

normally i print in unidirectional, 8 pass and have had great results. I started noticing that the print was becoming fuzzy and almost looked like the color was jogging to the right. Switched to bi directional and it seemed to help.

However that change has wore out its welcome as now all my prints are out of alignment roughly 1/16th of an inch for every 6 inches of print. This is causing fuzzy lines and on smaller text... well it looks like crap.

has anyone encountered this before and if so.. please help!!!

Currently we are running PhotoPrint RIP, IJ180 profile, bi directional ( although i wanna go back to uni ) heaters are at 45 / 44, 8 pass ( tried 4 and 16... no luck ) FMX press, slow speed or high speed doesnt seem to matter. Have cleaned the machine, done a print adjust, cleaned encoder strip, checked for loose bolts etc... help please!!!!

Attachments

• print out alignment.jpg
    print out alignment.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 101

sowinski_t

I would look at cleaning your encoder strip.
Since you've already done that, I would look at mechanical things that may be causing media skew or creep. Possibly dirt on a pinch roller (the metal part in your platen) or possibly the system that is holding the roll of media?
Other than that, I would look at printhead alignment and finally the humidity in the area. If it's too dry, you get too much static and it can cause fuzzyness but not the skewed print...
Good luck!

GraphixUnlimited

SHE IS ALIVE!!!!!

after spending a good hour ( with magnification and a bottle of rum ) i was able to find 4 spots that needed attention on the encoder strip... YAY!

when in doubt.. clean it twice

Sticky Signs

Glad you're up and running. I was gonna suggest cleaning the censor that reads the encoder strip but.... Hey, at least you've got rum!