• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print and Class 2 Reflective Material

Roto

We are printing onto Class 2 reflective vinyl.
The problem is when we try to cut it the plotter won't read the barcode.
We have tried covering the barcode with matte laminate and covering the plotter to reduce any direct light reflecting off the stock.
Sadly neither of these options work.

Does anybody have a fix for this problem?

Here is a link to the product we are using.

Bengt Backhaus

Someone once told me they took a piece the glass of yellow sunglasses and taped over the light/lens of the cutter when they had the same problem.
If thats a load of bovine droppings or if it really works... I don't know

Roto

Don't use barcode...
Unfortunately we are cutting a shape that needs the barcode, the outside of the C is white acrylic and the centre of the C with the dark green outside contour is what we need to cut.

Attachments

• PXL_20240318_211354129.jpg
    PXL_20240318_211354129.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 28

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
Can you print the barcodes on regular vinyl and apply them over the reflective? I am not sure of your work flow, but that is what I would try along with adding marks around the barcode for registration.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Unfortunately we are cutting a shape that needs the barcode, the outside of the C is white acrylic and the centre of the C with the dark green outside contour is what we need to cut.
My point is don't use the barcode. Just have 4 corner marks and try to work with that.