• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print and contour cut on VS and then perf cut on GR. How to manage nested jobs properly

tag4u

Hello
Looking for a piece of workflow advice.
I am using VersaWorks with a VS-300i and now with GR-420 as well connected to the same PC/VW.
I have a proprietary SW which generates PDF files that I print (using nested jobs) and contour cut in VW with VS-300i. I plan to remove the printed and contour cut vinyl (about 1meter length) from VS and put it into the GR to perf cut many small decals on that sheet.
But I am not sure how to achieve that. If I put both cutCountour and PerfCutContour lines in the PDF - the VS will attempt to do the perfCut. I did not find any "ignore perforated cut" in VW settings.
I played with an idea to generate a separate PDF with perCutContour lines for every "regular" PDF. Then I would print the 'regular' PDF on VS queue and perf cut the "special PDF" in the GR queue. However, that would work ok with separate/single PDF files. Once I have to do nested jobs - I will need to create and RIP two nested jobs. One for VS (as I do today) and the other for GR. I am afraif it will not work as I suspect the VW will combine the "GR" PDFs differently than the original PDFs.

Any idea ? I am sure I am not the first one to need this workflow...

thanks
Ariel