• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print and cut length ?

Slamdunkpro

I'm curious. How long of a strip do you run for doing print and cut when you have to laminate (i.e. stickers) before you start to see any cut deflection?

On my XC-540 I don't like to go over 60" in length if I'm gang printing stickers. I've done stuff like trade show headers that were 144" but I had to use fairly large bleeds.

Sticky Signs

I have an XC-540 too and my answer to you is -"It depends". I try nor to print/cut anything over 5' but sometimes it can't be avoided. I find my machine does a pretty good job of just cutting at any length but print/cut is a different story. I have noticed that using all the pinch rollers and very slow speeds helps keep thing accurate and you can never have too much bleed.

I usually stick to right around 5'..

I've had as much go right as wrong with things over 5', but if it goes wrong it's a lot of time and material cost to fix..

You can also Print and Cut ONE ROW AT A TIME. This is a new feature of Veraworks...and it works great! Check out the Roland website for details. You can print and cut 500 stickers...one row at a time.

Mosh

Small stuff 5' is about right. I do bigger stuff up to around 12', but make sure the outline has an overfill cause you know it is going to be off some. At 12'long mine is off around 1/8" to 1/4"

DRamm76

It totally depends on the media. I had a customer who was complaining that the cutline was off when he was running long runs of graphics. Each graphic was 12" x 18". He had an XC-540. We did every calibration in the book and everything was fine. Just for kicks, I had him to a short run of 3 images and it cut fine. Turns out he was using ELEVEN MIL THICK WALL GRAPHIC and when it wound back through the machine it was too thick to properly fold over on itself and it's rigidness cause it to jerk in the printer throwing off the cutline.

Now on vinyl, depending on how well the material is lined up and make sure you have everything set correctly. I'd say a print & cut run when laminated of 8-10 ft is fair

Yup. Whenever I do over 5', I check and double check to make sure media is as perfectly square as can be..and even then sometimes, it doesn't work out the way I envisioned.

Slamdunkpro

You can also Print and Cut ONE ROW AT A TIME. This is a new feature of Veraworks...and it works great! Check out the Roland website for details. You can print and cut 500 stickers...one row at a time.

OK, I just spent about a half hour looking for this feature,,,, any hints as to where to find it?

Mosh

DRamm76 do you sell them or work with them 12 hours a day. Print and cut unlaminated will stay on perfectly but laminated stuff I have never EEEVVVEERR got longer than 8 feet to be PERFECT no matter what you try.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I've done 12 ft stuff..but with large bleeds and I have to hold it and walk it as it goes in and out so it doesn't pick up too many pubes or get creases in it.

DRamm76

DRamm76 do you sell them or work with them 12 hours a day. Print and cut unlaminated will stay on perfectly but laminated stuff I have never EEEVVVEERR got longer than 8 feet to be PERFECT no matter what you try.

Mosh, I sell the equipment, but we do print here for our customers, and I'm yet to have an issue with the print cut laminate. I'm not saying there aren't problems you can run into, I am just saying I haven't. PM me if you need some assistance with this. I do sell the equipment, but I make it point to actually understand what I am working with..

ProColorGraphics

I didn't see that on the. I must not be looking in the right spot. Can you point it out for as this would be very nice to know how to do!!

Thank You!!

CamoPixel

I would be so happy if my SP 540V would do 5' of print/laminate/cut decals. We only seem to get a max of 30 - 35". Any longer and the feed cut line is way off as the decals get close to the end. It is a complete waste of material and time to have to do such short runs of decals.

skdave

I'm waiting to have our xc540 delivered. We have a Mutoh 44" Dye sub printer.
We want to print the alignment marks on the dye sub sheet and put the dye sub paper into the new xc540 and contour cut.. How will this work out?

The print/cut multiple rows works great! Try it....you may find it very helpful. This is meant to use without alignment marks...print/cut only, otherwise you'd have many jobs with the crop marks in the Que stacked behind each other and wasting material.