• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print and cut SC-500

Guillaume

Hi, posted two days ago about a profile problem, got an excellent answer.. everything is working fine!

Now, i'm wondering i can print and cut with no problem, just wondering if there is a way to print and put regmark's to print/laminate/then cut with colorchoice 4, i haven't seen the option.. i know versacam does but it's not compatible with the sc-500

Any other old rip program that could handle that? or any grandma trick's ?

thanks!

sfr table hockey

When you have a job added to color choice and double click on it, go to the print tab and then "Driver Options" tab and in there is the box to check for crop marks.

After that just make sure your media is a bit wider than the job you are doing and leave a bit extra media after the job so it will cover the back sensor when the job is put back through and reading those marks.

The manual shows what to do with the base point align thing and how to set it up.

You should be able to do this in color choice.

musquoni

Sc-500 doesn't have a crop mark reader. You have to print crop marks and manually align it. What I have done in the past is align the front crop marks with the edge of the vacuum platen. Next move the cutter head blade point over the top of the corner of the right front cropmark and hit basepoint. Next run the cutter head to the left cropmark and align the blade to the corner and hit align point. Do this for the back left crop mark and then the back right. Then send the cut file and let it cut. You will mess up a few printcut jobs but the more you do it the easier and more accurate it gets. Good luck.

sfr table hockey

Sc-500 doesn't have a crop mark reader. You have to print crop marks and manually align it. What I have done in the past is align the front crop marks with the edge of the vacuum platen. Next move the cutter head blade point over the top of the corner of the right front cropmark and hit basepoint. Next run the cutter head to the left cropmark and align the blade to the corner and hit align point. Do this for the back left crop mark and then the back right. Then send the cut file and let it cut. You will mess up a few printcut jobs but the more you do it the easier and more accurate it gets. Good luck.

Just to let you know that the CJ and SC 500 do have the auto registration. There is a sensor that will move on its own and read those marks (two on the front and one at the end of the file on the right)

However you can do it manually. There has been one issue in the past where a CJ 500 had the switch flipped to make it read as a SC 500 and that caused issue with that feature.

Not sure if an older firmware did not do this for you but you might want to look into it as if you can get yours to work it is a time saver.

musquoni

You are completely correct sfr table hockey. I was trained wrong by the place i used to work for running their CJ-500 they had me always align it manually. I just checked my SC-500 and there it is right on the bottom of the cutting head. Im refurbing my SC-500 so ill try it when i get it all back together. Thanks for the info. I also found this print, lam, cut manual on rolands website if anyone needs it.

http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/D...s and Guides/Print_Laminate_Cut_Procedure.pdf