• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

print and cut with onyx

Micheal

hey guys before i return my printer my supplier wants me to try one more thing,

ive installed onyx but after printing and bringing to my hp cutter it says "marks exceed sheet size" ive added margins, made sure page size is correct, nothing seems to work.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Christian @ 2CT Media

You are loading the material as a sheet/roll and your Mark's are outside the outer most pinch wheels.

Set your load to extended and tell the machine the actual width then you can scan past the pinch wheels.

Its operator error.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
No knowledge of HP’s but I’d guess 2CT is right here. On our mimaki (6 pinch rollers) if you loaded a job that had its registration marks outside of 1 or 6, I’d get that error. I’d hazard a guess that’s the same problem here. Try running a smaller job that’s just centred on the roll and see if it will cut that ok.

Though it is pretty worrying that your supplier didn’t just suggest this right away?

Micheal

It was on operator error but the pinch rollers were fine , i guess in flexi when you hit cut it gives you a bit more space at the end of the print - when hitting cut on onyx its closer to the bar code i guess the cutter reads the sheet as being to short. SO annoying lol..