• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

print and cut

graphicnature

i am having problems with putting a print back into my machine and lining up the crop marks..it wont read the back ones ..it finds the front crop marks and not the back ones..i have a sp300v anyone ever had this happen?

Sign Works

Are you leaving the required distance of material after the crop marks? I believe it's 3 9/16" or 90mm for the back and 3 3/16" or 80mm for the front. Refer to page 81 in your Versacamm manual. I just did some today that I forgot to leave long enough, just taped another piece of vinyl to the back and it worked just fine.

Kenny

After the print job is done, use the down arrow to advance the media out toward the front of the machine...I run out until the crop mark circles just clear the lexan front cover...this leaves the required amount of material at the tail end of the job to keep the rear photoeye covered...As SignWorks states, sometimes you will cut off without advancing the media, so use the solution they listed.

thewood

How long is the job? On long print/cut runs the vinyl candrift slightly from the front marks to the back ones causing misregistration. Make sure the vinyl is completely square feeding into the plotter.