Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

print and cut

Discussion in 'Roland' started by graphicnature, Feb 23, 2007.

1. graphicnature

graphicnature Member

Jan 15, 2007
    i am having problems with putting a print back into my machine and lining up the crop marks..it wont read the back ones ..it finds the front crop marks and not the back ones..i have a sp300v anyone ever had this happen?

Tags:
  2. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    Is there any marks back there that are similar or in close proximity to the crop marks?

3. Sign Works

Sign Works Very Active Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    Are you leaving the required distance of material after the crop marks? I believe it's 3 9/16" or 90mm for the back and 3 3/16" or 80mm for the front. Refer to page 81 in your Versacamm manual. I just did some today that I forgot to leave long enough, just taped another piece of vinyl to the back and it worked just fine.

4. Kenny

Kenny Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Texas
    After the print job is done, use the down arrow to advance the media out toward the front of the machine...I run out until the crop mark circles just clear the lexan front cover...this leaves the required amount of material at the tail end of the job to keep the rear photoeye covered...As SignWorks states, sometimes you will cut off without advancing the media, so use the solution they listed.

5. graphicnature

graphicnature Member

Jan 15, 2007
    well i did cut off to short so i taped another 2 ft piece on the bak still isnt finding it..i dont understand why..

6. graphicnature

graphicnature Member

Jan 15, 2007
    no not at all its just cruising right by them

7. ohbugoff

ohbugoff New Member

May 10, 2006
    Be sure that you have enough light on the machine, Your sensors need to be able to see the marks.

8. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    How long is the job? On long print/cut runs the vinyl candrift slightly from the front marks to the back ones causing misregistration. Make sure the vinyl is completely square feeding into the plotter.