• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Help Print and Cut

Susan Jones

I currently have a Roland and use Versa Works. I am looking to buy a Mutoh that doesn’t contour cut and comes with Flexi rip software. How do I print using the Mutoh and contour cut on Roland?

IsItFasst

I can't say for 100% since I don't have a Mutoh, but I know in Flexi you can tell it what kind of crop marks to print (mine lists Roland since it is connected to the computer). I would guess it would do the same for you even though you are printing on the Mutoh; you should be able to print Roland style crop marks. Maybe someone else will chime in that has your set up.

easystickerco

I currently have a Roland and use Versa Works. I am looking to buy a Mutoh that doesn’t contour cut and comes with Flexi rip software. How do I print using the Mutoh and contour cut on Roland?

If your buying the Mutoh new, I would ask if the dealer/tech who is installing can verify he/she can set this up for you. If you normally design in Illustrator, maybe you can use the Roland CutStudio (free) plug-in to add the registration marks in your art for your Roland cutter, then print in Flexi.

Most likely, if it's the Mutoh edition of Flexi, it might not have the driver for the Roland. You might need to upgrade the Flexi to support other cutters. I'd ask the company selling you the Mutoh. They'll want to know what model Roland you have, if you use Illustrator/Corel, what versions? etc.

Good luck, hope it works out for you

greysquirrel

if Flexi allows you to print with Roland crop marks you can do this. If not, I don't think your Roland will cut correctly. Onyx has issues with certain printers...but its worth a 30 day demo to see if your combination works.

RustyNZ

It will probably come with Flexi Print Mutoh Edition which is a cut down version of Flexi Print. It allows you to install one printer and one (I think) cutter at a time. The cutters are not just Mutoh ones and it will likely support your Roland cutter. When you design your artwork you colour cut lines with a custom spot colour called CutContour and set the stroke size to 0.01mm (may not be necessary), Flexi will then detect it as a Print and Cut job and should either automatically add registration marks for your cutter you have installed in Flexi, if it doesn't automatically add them you can go on the Marks tab and should be able to select the appropriate marks.

If your Roland is a print and cut machine that could be a different story as it will only let you add a Mutoh printer and a other branded cutter, it might not list the Roland print/cut as a cutter, not too sure. Can check if you tell me the model.

The people selling it to you should be able to supply all this info and confirm it supports your cutter.