• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Cancel for no apparent reason

cartoad

We have had prints cancelled for no apparent reason, reset and cancelled again at a different point in the print. Have called our tech but no ideas yet. Some were on high res large files, and the others were simple text and graphic prints. We have got two error messages 1300874 and more frequently 1670462. Neither error in Rolands error guide. When this happens after the tears for the lost media, we shut down completly for 15-30 minutes, clean the machine, restart and good for a while. Anyone else have this happen to them? If so what was your fix.
Thanks,
Hal

cartoad

Update, no replies so I am guessing this is a unique issue. So far the tech had us update the firmware, done, happened again. Then he had us print from Versa Works,
next print ditto, again. Also suggested the cable between the Roland and the wall may be bad, so replaced that. Trying to get a big print job out, it is 10:30pm, printed one 3' x 8' on control tac, ok, then next a 3' x 6' for the next panel, and at the 4' mark cancelled itself again, turned off the machine waited 15 minutes and printing again, just about done with last 2' so I can go home, This is getting real expensive, ruined 3 banners today, and some other vinyl. grrrrrrrrr.

flyinhawaiian968

Send them the ruined material, they will either reimburse you or send you ink, especially if they can't figure out the problem.

I've had several calls into them about issues with eps print/cut jobs that they are able to duplicate but unable to fix, got 4 new ink cartridges from them as compensation.

I understand about the headaches when you're trying to get a job done and the machine or VW takes a dump on you, just had one last Thursday with the vehicle in-shop and ready to install for Friday morning, ended up working very late to get it all done for Friday afternoon, and having to apologize to a good customer.

I truly believe Versaworks has code in it to make sure you waste as much ink and material so they can never go out of business!!! Well, not really, but some days I swear that's exactly what that machine is trying to do!!!

Chris

cartoad

Thanks Chris,
didn't think of saving all that stuff, so have retrived from the trash most recent ones and will start a stack for them. Tried this morning pulling the network connection at a 99% printed, all that happened was printer stopped, no codes not stroke with cancelling, computer just showed at 99%, waited a few minutes and plugged it back in, resumed printing with problem with print. On the phone again to Dan the tech.

zmatalucci

are you unwinding your media before it goes through? I always have a problem with the feed motor cancelling prints.

scallahan

Just a thought and you probably have already checked, but how much space is available on the hard drive for your rip computer?

Tharnpheffa

When I've had this happen it's been because the media was too heavy (newer roll) for the printer or my banner material was sticking to itself..try unrolling the roll and keeping some hanging down between machine and roll for the duration of the job.

scottbart

Spin it

When this happens to me. I have spun the design around in the rip and this usually helps. It does not solve the problem why, but it works

cartoad

Yes we droop the material to be printed, and the memory is not a problem. Got an answer from Roland today, they said it could be the servo board $500 or main board $1500 2 1/2 years old ouch! We had our computer tech on it also, and he thinks something is going wrong with our design computer, so we switched the printing to a back up computer and printed this afternoon and evening without any problems. Will continue tomorrow and if no problems will have isolated the problem, will keep posting on this until it is resolved in case someone else runs into this in the future, thank you for the suggestions.

Cartoad:
Are those errors displaying on the machine's LCD readout, or in the software RIP? Which RIP(s) have you used that have exhibited the stop error behavior?

Those error codes are not consistent with the normal Roland code syntax, and are not referenced in the service manuals. Please advise.

Bob

P

ProWraps™

this to me sounded like a rip issue from the start. not a hardware/printer issue.

cartoad

Up date, first thank you to everyone for your suggestions, and advice. We swiched computer, rips, still happened, no pattern to it. Today the Roland tech (Dan the Man from Performance) was here, Roland got back to the techs that the error codes on the machine were associated with the servo board. After Dan checked everything over and made a few adjustments, changed the servo board, and printed the rest of the day without issue. Have a lot for tomorrow stacked up so we will see if this corrected the problem. If it does will not post further on this thread.
Thanks again to everyone.