• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

print changes colors halfway thru job

signworld

1423173520716422716286.jpg

Please help . While printing my red turns orange and my print changes colors. Why z this happening and what do I need to do to fix this . Need help before we pull out our hair please and thank u

reQ

Well, your magenta cuts out completely, then comes back. Damper/air in lines.

signworld

If the pump is going bad by chance why would all the other colors fine? We changed the damper and filled it still missing some magenta.

reQ

When printheads are connected to cap stations, use syringe to pull the ink directly from print head using the pump line. (don't pull hard, because you might damage the printhead) Also, listen if there will be any air leaks also

MikePro

definitely ink flow dropout in the magenta.
*could be air in ink lines, causing it to "burp", solved by running a fillupink repeatedly until you see it drawn into the damper
*could be broken manifold. (uncommon, but likely considering you're fiddling with the dampers) its the black plastic tip on the printhead that the damper fits-into. only fix is replacement. can't be purchased seperately on ebay if you don't want to replace the whole printhead. *some assembly required, as well as printhead replacement procedures, which are a pita.
*could be bad ink pump not refreshing the ink siphon. run cycles of disway washes to see if the cap fills/empties like the others.
*could be bad seat of the printhead to the capping station. solved by slightly pulling-up on the plastic cap and re-parking the printhead carriage, will make a tighter fit.

clean everything thoroughly, obviously, before trying any of the above.

MachServTech

definitely ink flow dropout in the magenta.
*could be air in ink lines, causing it to "burp", solved by running a fillupink repeatedly until you see it drawn into the damper
*could be broken manifold. (uncommon, but likely considering you're fiddling with the dampers) its the black plastic tip on the printhead that the damper fits-into. only fix is replacement. can't be purchased seperately on ebay if you don't want to replace the whole printhead. *some assembly required, as well as printhead replacement procedures, which are a pita.
*could be bad ink pump not refreshing the ink siphon. run cycles of disway washes to see if the cap fills/empties like the others.
*could be bad seat of the printhead to the capping station. solved by slightly pulling-up on the plastic cap and re-parking the printhead carriage, will make a tighter fit.

clean everything thoroughly, obviously, before trying any of the above.

54657976.jpg