• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

print colors doesnt match.

kendi082000

Hi why my cj 500 converted to eco sol. Doesnt match the colors of my design. Like when i print blue or cobalt blue it prints purplish blue. I only get the blue that i want when i print sky blue.. What do i do. Pls help

J Hill Designs

profile your machine, or print out color charts and use those to design with. the latter being the cheaper, but more hoakey, method

kendi082000

im just new to this big printer. :(

I just started with a cutter and a desktop printer. and this upgrading is getting complicated.. aww. ok so where and how do I do all of your suggestions. :-/ I really appreciate all of ur help. :) ty
oh by the way I use flexisign pro 10.

Kylend Butler

Sc-500

Hi why my cj 500 converted to eco sol. Doesnt match the colors of my design. Like when i print blue or cobalt blue it prints purplish blue. I only get the blue that i want when i print sky blue.. What do i do. Pls help

I have owned one of these machines for 10yrs I can help. There are lots of upgrades you can do, and it would be worth the time to build some custom profiles for your machine. Also you probably should buy you some extra print heads the dx-2 heads your machine uses are getting harder to come by and I have never had a set of them last longer then about 18months before I see print quality go down. There are lots of places that can build you great profiles for about $100 each or you can get you a eye-one and do it yourself. I would also run the cheaper slower drying eco-solvent ink you can get for about $50 a liter out of china just because it is hard for the dx-2 print heads to recover lost nozzles running eco-max ink. If you have any questions please feel free to call me at 843-532-4428 I teach digital art and design during the day so calls after 4 pm are better.

2B

YouTube is your friend!

[video=youtube;bgdeR7nDN_A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgdeR7nDN_A&list=PLbpU55DCIrG4SsDyGEnWg0i9 cI67EeQXt[/video]

they have LOTS of videos on how to keep your color constant.

as others have said if you are not goring to profile your monitors/printers then you will have to print the colors onto each of you medias and use that as a reference point for hitting the desired color

Last edited by a moderator:

kendi082000

ok. so how do i do this profile thing??

YouTube is your friend!

[video=youtube;bgdeR7nDN_A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgdeR7nDN_A&list=PLbpU55DCIrG4SsDyGEnWg0i9 cI67EeQXt[/video]

they have LOTS of videos on how to keep your color constant.

as others have said if you are not goring to profile your monitors/printers then you will have to print the colors onto each of you medias and use that as a reference point for hitting the desired color

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
FlexiSign Pro has color profiling built in. It's in the Production Manager. You will however need a spectrophotometer. The i1 Pro works best. Realistically you only have to have the device and its base but it also helps greatly to have the tray thing to hold the printed color charts when you read them in with the i1. If you are going to use Flexi then you do not need the i1 "publish" or any of the fancier package versions. The i1 Pro basic will work perfect. You cannot use the i1 Display models though - those are just for creating monitor profiles. They are not very cheap either. Generally $500+. The first one on ebay is exactly what you need - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eye-One-X-Rite-i1-PRO-/251476266106

That's a used one on auction with 3 days to go and it is currently at just over $200.... on the second photo - the far left grey tray with the small white dot is the required white point reference holder that is used to calibrate the device. The lower grey tray has a weight and rubber strap and is used to attach the device to your monitor to make a monitor profile. The larger white tray is what makes scanning in the printed color swatches a LOT easier. Because you are using a converted printer - you are essentially using a custom machine with non-standard inks. There is no stock profile that will be quite right or correct - the only real good solution is to create your own custom profiles using a device like this.