• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print colors? Mutoh ValueJet

meltonlane

I would like to find a Nice Red Mixture (close to a oracal 031 red vinyl color). Everything I mix or use from rgb, cmyk or pantone color charts are either too dark or looks orange. Using SignLab 8 with a Mutoh ValueJet. My problem is Customers I have done vinyl-cut work for and now I am printing those jobs, a couple of customers are not liking the (reds) printed saying not exactly the same as the vinyl-cut color, comparing print colors to the vinyl-cut signs I did earlier. I have matched other colors, blues, yellows, but havent got the red as close as I would like. I know this should be simple, anyone got any suggestions or Ideas? Thanks

heyskull

Yes I have had problems matching that colour on our valuejet it can be too dark or too orange in colour.
I wold b interested in a close match also.

SC

heyskull

I am all profilled out!!!!!
I am not willing to adjust the profiles anymore as you get one colour correct and another has changed!
It is like digging a hole in sand!
My profile is as good as it gets on a CMYK machine!!!!

I still would like to print 031 red though!

SC

XGSSDT

What software are you designing in??? If I recall Flexi Sign PRO has a full gammet of color pallets from Pantone, 3M, Orcal and on and on for you to be able to print those colors. Not sure if other software provides that or how accurate it truly is but I would think it would be close.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I would like to find a Nice Red Mixture (close to a oracal 031 red vinyl color). Everything I mix or use from rgb, cmyk or pantone color charts are either too dark or looks orange. Using SignLab 8 with a Mutoh ValueJet. My problem is Customers I have done vinyl-cut work for and now I am printing those jobs, a couple of customers are not liking the (reds) printed saying not exactly the same as the vinyl-cut color, comparing print colors to the vinyl-cut signs I did earlier. I have matched other colors, blues, yellows, but havent got the red as close as I would like. I know this should be simple, anyone got any suggestions or Ideas? Thanks

You're going about it backwards. Match the requirements of the job to the capabilities of your tackle, not the other way around. The latter method is the path to madness.

Instead of agonizing over finding a way to reproduce some specific color or another, print a Pantone chart or even a full CMYK chart on the media in question using your favorite profile. Take a sample of whatever it is you're trying to match and find the color closest to it on the chart you just printed. If there's more that one prospect for a match, pick the darkest one. Moreover, do this in sunlight if you can possible arrange it.

If you have a real live tweener, then create two rectangles one filled with one of the colors the other the other and do a 10 step blend. Print this and see if one of the rectangles in the blend suits your prejudices.

In my shop there's a number of Pantone charts on various media hanging on the walls. If and when someone simply has to have some specific color or another, I merely point to the appropriate chart and tell them to find a suitable color on that chart. If that's not good enough, the can head on down the road perhaps to someone who will promise them anything and deliver no better than what I or anyone else can deliver.

graphicoptions

I agee with bob, we have printed all our own color charts out on differant medias, and we take the vinyl to it to match it, or better yet we let the customer pick the color off our charts. But it is the easiest way to match an existing job or vinyl. good luck