• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print - Cut misaligned problem

mrdummy

With old Soljet SC-500, i see more problems with print - cut.

If i start the machine for first time, thus circuits are reset and re-calibrated, mostly times it will cut with very low error.

But with large banners, the cut error is more and more raised.
What is more, the first banner is cut with ~1mm feed error, and second banner has even more ~ 2mm feed error. That means sensors are possible dirty in feed direction.

Have done print-cut adjustments, should no problems.
Only small prints have low errors, but big prints with >1 meter length have more visual mis-alignment.

I need some good steps to check it for sure where is the culprit, and can clean or adjust it again.

In scan direction there is almost no error (the encoder strip is cleaned) but in feed direction it shows more mis-aligned cut lines.

Attachments

• feed-problem-sc500.jpg
    feed-problem-sc500.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 84

guato

Is it encoder strip new?
How is pressure on pinch rollers?
In my case I found that printing and cutting with two pinch roller's on media length of 1m or more, is not advisable!

scuba_steve2699

is this a belt drive system or a wire drive? If it is wire drive, it could be that your tension is off. It looks like int he photo it is in the scan direction which is an indicator for that.