• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

print & cut outline issues

wabam

I have a line of text with 2 layers already outlined. I need to cut only around the outside of BOTH layers. How can I outline the whole object so, it doesn't cut the drop shadow as a seperate piece?

Thanks for your help on such a newbe question.

Bill Modzel

Select the outer line and go to object>path>offset path. If you end up with overlapping shapes, unite them with effect>pathfinder>merge. Be sure to "expand" your effect.

Jim Doggett

I have a line of text with 2 layers already outlined. I need to cut only around the outside of BOTH layers. How can I outline the whole object so, it doesn't cut the drop shadow as a seperate piece?

Thanks for your help on such a newbe question.

It depends on which program you use. Newer versions of CorelDRAW have a contour feature that'll outline groups of objects. However, I've always found it quicker to make a copy in place (+) and weld it (click weld icon).

Best,

Jim