• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print/Cut Resizing workflow

jpena9137

I am using Onyx Postershop and am trying to figure out the best workflow for what we do. We do print/cut wall decals and want to offer them in various sized widths. Most likely we will have one size designed and then will make the various requested sizes as they are ordered. When importing a file, for example an .eps, the "job" or image size is the size of the entire file. When we want to resize, we want to have it sized to the finished product - the size of the cut layer. In many cases the cut line is slightly to the inside of the graphic so if you resize the entire "job" or image it will size the entire image. Is there an efficient way to size based on an element either in Onyx or in Illustrator? It seems that anyone who has done cut decals would have encountered this same dilemma when a customer wants a contour cut at specific finished size.

Thanks!

toomeycustoms

We just create a separate file for each size with the size in the filename. Less chance of printing the incorrect size.

phototec

I am using Onyx Postershop and am trying to figure out the best workflow for what we do. We do print/cut wall decals and want to offer them in various sized widths. Most likely we will have one size designed and then will make the various requested sizes as they are ordered. When importing a file, for example an .eps, the "job" or image size is the size of the entire file. When we want to resize, we want to have it sized to the finished product - the size of the cut layer. In many cases the cut line is slightly to the inside of the graphic so if you resize the entire "job" or image it will size the entire image. Is there an efficient way to size based on an element either in Onyx or in Illustrator? It seems that anyone who has done cut decals would have encountered this same dilemma when a customer wants a contour cut at specific finished size.

Thanks!

I would create the different sized images (like three different sizes) of the same image without the cut lines. Then create the cut lines in Illustrator foe each specific re-zed image, that way the cut and bleed will be constant (1/8", 1/4'), or whatever you want.

If you scale an image with the cutline, the cutline measurement will also be scaled and NOT constant.

There is no magic button that I know of that will resize the image and keep the cut line the same measurement on three different sized images.

So that's is my 2 cents worth on how do it.

:smile: