• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print/Cut solutions Mutoh Mimaki or Roland

jeffkics

Sign Says
I am sure it has been discussed as great lengths at different times in the past
I am a medium sized signshop, banners, vehicle graphics/wraps, and other signs on ACM, etc... I have been using a Roland SP for 12 years, and I just got a PPP check, and thinking what better to use my government lottery win on but upgrading to a faster print/cut solution.

Mutoh Mimaki Roland, all solutions will be considered.

My main interests are what model I should get. Considerations in the following would be appreciated

Print quality and speed
Dry time to laminate
Scratch resistance when not laminating (banners and such)
Long run Print/Cut accuracy 8'+
Durability/Quality of the model
Ease of maintaining
Price

GO!

TYIA!

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
HP Latex Fsat Great print quality and fast dry time Easy to maintain, frequent print head change out Plug N Play and cheap too.
Roland not fast Excellent print quality medium dry time Easy to maintain, regular cleanings prevent head changes.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
imo two separate units work better. Latex for print and whatever for plotting. We currently use an HP360 - cons: pia to change out media, colors are extremely hard to nail especially simple red. A Mimaki for plotting. Want to laminate right away? Latex is the way to go.