Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Print/Cut solutions Mutoh Mimaki or Roland

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by jeffkics, Jul 21, 2020.

1. jeffkics

jeffkics Sign Says

May 16, 2014
    Palmer PA
    I am sure it has been discussed as great lengths at different times in the past
    I am a medium sized signshop, banners, vehicle graphics/wraps, and other signs on ACM, etc... I have been using a Roland SP for 12 years, and I just got a PPP check, and thinking what better to use my government lottery win on but upgrading to a faster print/cut solution.

Mutoh Mimaki Roland, all solutions will be considered.

My main interests are what model I should get. Considerations in the following would be appreciated

Print quality and speed
    Dry time to laminate
    Scratch resistance when not laminating (banners and such)
    Long run Print/Cut accuracy 8'+
    Durability/Quality of the model
    Ease of maintaining
    Price

GO!

TYIA!

Tags:
  2. jimmmi

jimmmi Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Athens Greece
    Check also hp Latex print and cut solution. They offfer what you are asking above.

3. Joseph44708

Joseph44708 Member

Jan 16, 2020
    Florida
    HP Latex Fsat Great print quality and fast dry time Easy to maintain, frequent print head change out Plug N Play and cheap too.
    Roland not fast Excellent print quality medium dry time Easy to maintain, regular cleanings prevent head changes.

4. BVG

BVG Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Sydney
    Don't forget about Epson and their S40/S60/S80 range when combined with a Graphtec or Summa.

• Like Like x 1
  5. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    imo two separate units work better. Latex for print and whatever for plotting. We currently use an HP360 - cons: pia to change out media, colors are extremely hard to nail especially simple red. A Mimaki for plotting. Want to laminate right away? Latex is the way to go.