• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Cuts are way off

signkrazy

Good morning all!

I'm having a problem with my VP-540. When it prints and cuts, the cuts are fine when it starts but then is way off the print by the time it gets too the end. It's not just happening when I print and laminate, but also when I print and it goes straight to cutting. I have done several different prints and it's happening every time. I had a problem with the printer stopping in the middle of prints, so I cleaned the encoder strip. So I'm wondering if I should clean it again, if that may be causing it or do I need to calibrate it somehow? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Skeeter

rjssigns

My SP540V was acting up on contour cuts and the encoder strip was clean. I ended up removing the sensor to clean it, then re-install. Had to go through a bunch of testing and a couple linear calibrations, but it works decent now. IIRC I'm at 0.00mm scan and 0.02mm feed. Before I started it was over 2.5mm and 4mm to compensate and it was still a hit and miss deal.

There is a very slight offset to the left that I will try to adjust out, but I think I'm the only one that notices.

You will need a service manual and have to access the service menu to do the things I mentioned. Not difficult, just fiddly work and time consuming.