• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Data Error with Onyx 7.3.2 on Windows 7

element7

Hey everyone,

We were having problems with XP Pro, so I spoke with Onyx Tech and asked about any known pitfalls of running Postershop on Windows 7.

The machine was upgraded to Windows 7, downloaded the Win7 HASP driver from Onyx, extracted, then installed 7.3.2. Everything went smoothly, until printing.

I get a "Print Data Error...Print Aborted" Message during a print. No consistency of time passing; maybe 7-8 minutes, if that means anything.

Onyx's site suggests installing a separate network adaptor rather than using the onboard, which was already installed prior to the upgrade since it was necessary when the computer was originally downgraded from Vista to XP.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Michael Weining

Bly

From experience this kind of error usually has to do with your data type settings in your printer setup.
Make sure it's the right one for your printer type.
eg 9100 for HP5500s, escp for Epsons etc
Are you sure you used the same settings on your new install?

element7

Thanks for the reply. Yes, same settings as I had in XP. When I bought the machine, it did the same thing in Vista which caused me to downgrade to XP, but then many of the onboard hardware components are not compatible.

I tried all the port settings. <Port9100> and I think MLP1 were the only two that would work. When I installed the Win7 HASP driver it the message said it operates on port 1947. Entering that port shows I have a valid IP address, but still doesn't work.

I'm running a Mutoh VJ 1604. Been using <Port9100> for 2.5 years now.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
When running Onyx in Windows 7 or Vista you must make sure that you right click the icon and select "Run as an Administrator", if you don't do this Onyx will not have the required rights to Windows or your hard drive.

element7

Thanks for the reply Chris. I believe I tried that, but I will certainly give it a shot when I get a chance. Couldn't afford to be down so had to hook up the tried and true XP machine to it.

I noticed that Win7 rips the files faster, but I have a second PC now with Win7 and see if that was the issue.