• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print film submerged in Water?

amulle

We have a high-end customer that has a saltwater pool with a stainless steel divider wall that moves up and down. They want to wrap the sides and top. They said they will drain the pool for us to install. Grimco recommended using 3M IJ181-10. It only comes in 48" rolls, so there will definitely be a few seams along the sides.

However, I have major doubts about how long any printed film will last submerged in water, especially with seams.

I have attached some pictures of the divider wall (middle of pool).

Thoughts?
-Alfred

Attachments

• IMG_2353.jpg
    IMG_2353.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2354.jpg
    IMG_2354.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 69
I would use something like the Substance ultracurveX2 with Ultra Cuve1500 both come in 60" and is highly agressive. I would also be sure to use an liquid edgeseal to seal up any exposed edges

DirtyD

I would use something like the Substance ultracurveX2 with Ultra Cuve1500 both come in 60" and is highly agressive. I would also be sure to use an liquid edgeseal to seal up any exposed edges

Never heard of them - but getting a sample roll - I like there style - were a MX riding Family

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Not in saltwater but I tested a couple in our own freshwater pool (well it does use a salt chlorinating system and I do add a couple hundred pounds of salt each year). Air release adhesive failed - water slowly seeped in the air channels along the edges. Obviously with it submerged 24x7 this is not something they intended with air release adhesives. Non air release worked just fine though. Had some under water for about 2 years and it held up remarkably well. Just no way I'd warrant it though. You could always look at some sort of edge sealer to help protect the edges. Of course you need to check into the edge sealer itself to see if its going to hold up being submerged for long periods of time as well.