• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print From Photoshop/Illustrator?

Justin

Curious.. Can you print directly to one of these wide-format printers from Photoshop/illustrator? Can you do this on HP/Roland/Mutohs?

If so, why do some of you use Onyx/Roland print studios to print?

Curious.. Can you print directly to one of these wide-format printers from Photoshop/illustrator? Can you do this on HP/Roland/Mutohs?

If so, why do some of you use Onyx/Roland print studios to print?

Most large-format printers do not ship with Windows/ Mac software drivers, and rely on a RIP-based driver. Some HP, Cannon, and Epson aqueous printers ship with OS drivers, but not many solvent/ UV/ outdoor aqueous machines do.

rjssigns

Printer has to have post-sript processing. On certain HP models it is an upgrade. Very slow though as post-script files generate hundreds of pages of code for a simple file.

BPI Color

You can if your printer comes with drivers. Canon's a good example. However, if you're looking for consistent color management you employ a RIP. Supplied drivers are usually a blind process and written for the purpose of making attractive photographic images. That system won't allow for a printer that deviates from factory presets are a media that doesn't have a ready profile.

rubo

Yes to Mutoh RJ 900 and Epson 9**0 - works w both PS and Corel - you're gonna need a lot of RAM - the more the better. There is enough control from windows driver for both printers - even more than enough - and I use Corel to layout multiple images. Cheers,

Rubo

longlivemedia

Drivers. That's what you only need. With them, you'll be able to solve your problem on printing on those printers Justin.