• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print head cleaning question.

AXXISMotorsports

I ran a test print on my printer and there was drop out on the magenta print, I ran a medium cleaning and it made it worse, there was even less magenta ink in the test print, I repeated the process and the same thing, it is barely laying down any magenta ink now. Has anybody ever seen this before?

inkmed

If there is no problem with your printer head,
please chck the damepr and pump.
Good Luck!

Adam
Inkmed

sfr table hockey

Check the drain lines for blockage. Also check that the capping station does not have something on the rubber lip that is causing it not to seal.

If you can use a syring and attach a tube to the capping station and draw ink into the syringe your seal is ok. If you hear air, and not get much into the syringe, then it's not sealing.

To check the drain lines use the syringe to flush cleaning fluid through and into the drain bottle.

Mr Gerbik

First manually check the ink cart to see if empty. If not it is probably the cap top, if haven't replaced in past 12-18 months. Try the syringe on the cap top, if no resistance on syringe then the cap isn't sealing properly and needs to be replaced. Ink clogging the lines rarely happens with Roland ink, but if 3rd party ink it's possible. Always start with the simplest things!

i've had this on a number of occasions when the printer hasn't been used for a while, i had only 2 visible drops of ink from one head i did the powerful clean on the that group and after 3 attempts started to get the ink back,
i've also seen this happen when bulk ink is used i've now gone back to cartridge inks