Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Print head cleaning question.

Discussion in 'Roland' started by AXXISMotorsports, Mar 2, 2010.

1. AXXISMotorsports

AXXISMotorsports New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    I ran a test print on my printer and there was drop out on the magenta print, I ran a medium cleaning and it made it worse, there was even less magenta ink in the test print, I repeated the process and the same thing, it is barely laying down any magenta ink now. Has anybody ever seen this before?

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    is the ink cart empty?

3. mosignman

mosignman Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Missouri
    maybe try to change the damper

4. inkmed

inkmed Member

Jan 4, 2010
    If there is no problem with your printer head,
    please chck the damepr and pump.
    Good Luck!

Adam
    Inkmed

5. sfr table hockey

sfr table hockey Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Alberta
    Check the drain lines for blockage. Also check that the capping station does not have something on the rubber lip that is causing it not to seal.

If you can use a syring and attach a tube to the capping station and draw ink into the syringe your seal is ok. If you hear air, and not get much into the syringe, then it's not sealing.

To check the drain lines use the syringe to flush cleaning fluid through and into the drain bottle.

6. Mr Gerbik

Mr Gerbik New Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    First manually check the ink cart to see if empty. If not it is probably the cap top, if haven't replaced in past 12-18 months. Try the syringe on the cap top, if no resistance on syringe then the cap isn't sealing properly and needs to be replaced. Ink clogging the lines rarely happens with Roland ink, but if 3rd party ink it's possible. Always start with the simplest things!

7. rolanddrivesmecrazy

rolanddrivesmecrazy Member

Feb 27, 2010
    i've had this on a number of occasions when the printer hasn't been used for a while, i had only 2 visible drops of ink from one head i did the powerful clean on the that group and after 3 attempts started to get the ink back,
    i've also seen this happen when bulk ink is used i've now gone back to cartridge inks