Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Print head complaint and other colors

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by msenjur, May 20, 2009.

1. msenjur

msenjur Member

May 21, 2008
    Slovenia
    Hello again

I have replaced print head (left one) few months ago. At that time i was using colors that was not original. Already then there were some problems with black nozzles. they werent ok. The tech said that it is probably becouse of non-original colors, and that eventualy the head should be ok, when i will print some material... Now im using original colors again, and the black still has some missing nozzles, but sometimes it was ok. Now i cant get clean nozzle check! So, i did complaint about print head, becouse it has 3 month warianty, but tech-guy said, that he can't do complain becouse i used other colors. So, do you guys, wich are using other colors know that warianty has no meaning if you use other colors???

Tags:
  2. Biker Scout

Biker Scout Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas
    yes

3. jasonx

jasonx Very Active Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Australia
    I know Roland down here will only warranty the print heads if you are using their inks. All other components which the ink doesn't come into contact with are still covered.

4. msenjur

msenjur Member

May 21, 2008
    Slovenia
    about other componets i understand...

so just like that non-original color can damage print head?

5. jasonx

Aug 5, 2007
    Australia
    Different inks use different pigments. Cheaper inks use cheaper pigments which I am led to believe are larger or heavier. I guess if the heads are designed for it clogging etc might occur. I am not saying all 3rd party inks are the same but I can't see how we can expect manufacturers to give a blanket policy on the warranty on the heads if we start using inks which won't help them out.

A good 3rd party ink supplier should stand by their product and offer to take over the head warranty if they have confidence in their product.

6. msenjur

msenjur Member

May 21, 2008
    Slovenia
    hm. yes you are right! Studpid me - i didn't ask about that when i was buying other inks!

7. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    Did you flush the ink lines, dampers and heads when you switched from "non-original" to "original" inks?

8. msenjur

msenjur Member

May 21, 2008
    Slovenia
    nope. i didnt do that!

On friday the tech guy came, and try to do some ultra-sound cleaning of the head... but he said that there is no warrianty that head will be better. It even can get worse. And than we should buy new head anyway... So we decided not to do this cleaning... Did some of you ever use this kind of cleaning??

9. jasonx

Aug 5, 2007
    Australia
    Have you just tried soaking your heads in cleaning solution?

10. Bradster941

Bradster941 Very Active Member

Sep 5, 2005

Yes, and worked Great.

11. msenjur

msenjur Member

May 21, 2008
    Slovenia
    it did? hm... yesterday again another tech told me, that ultra-sound cleaning is sensless... i should buy new head, he said... ofcourse, they would liked that! :)