• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print head complaint and other colors

msenjur

Hello again

I have replaced print head (left one) few months ago. At that time i was using colors that was not original. Already then there were some problems with black nozzles. they werent ok. The tech said that it is probably becouse of non-original colors, and that eventualy the head should be ok, when i will print some material... Now im using original colors again, and the black still has some missing nozzles, but sometimes it was ok. Now i cant get clean nozzle check! So, i did complaint about print head, becouse it has 3 month warianty, but tech-guy said, that he can't do complain becouse i used other colors. So, do you guys, wich are using other colors know that warianty has no meaning if you use other colors???

jasonx

I know Roland down here will only warranty the print heads if you are using their inks. All other components which the ink doesn't come into contact with are still covered.

jasonx

Different inks use different pigments. Cheaper inks use cheaper pigments which I am led to believe are larger or heavier. I guess if the heads are designed for it clogging etc might occur. I am not saying all 3rd party inks are the same but I can't see how we can expect manufacturers to give a blanket policy on the warranty on the heads if we start using inks which won't help them out.

A good 3rd party ink supplier should stand by their product and offer to take over the head warranty if they have confidence in their product.

thewood

Did you flush the ink lines, dampers and heads when you switched from "non-original" to "original" inks?

msenjur

nope. i didnt do that!

On friday the tech guy came, and try to do some ultra-sound cleaning of the head... but he said that there is no warrianty that head will be better. It even can get worse. And than we should buy new head anyway... So we decided not to do this cleaning... Did some of you ever use this kind of cleaning??

Bradster941

nope. i didnt do that!

On friday the tech guy came, and try to do some ultra-sound cleaning of the head... but he said that there is no warrianty that head will be better. It even can get worse. And than we should buy new head anyway... So we decided not to do this cleaning... Did some of you ever use this kind of cleaning??

Yes, and worked Great.

msenjur

it did? hm... yesterday again another tech told me, that ultra-sound cleaning is sensless... i should buy new head, he said... ofcourse, they would liked that! :)