• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Head Error, Mutoh

Gfx Signs

Print Head Error, What's Causing this Print??

Hello,

I have a Falcon II outdoor and I attempted to replace the dampers on the heads. What appeared to be successful turned out to be a major failure.

I am getting error E075 Print Head Over Current when attempting a nozzle check.

It appears some ink dripped on the Assembly. Not sure if that would short out the head or not???

Any ideas??

I attached a pic of the nozzle check...
Thanks

Attachments

• PIC-0136.jpg
    PIC-0136.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

signhere

we have a mutoh and we were getting errors for something simular and it turned out to be the bracket that the print head assembly passes to set on the cap was bent! we bent it back and it was fine! not sure how we bent it but oh well. if that dont work email Jeff Ellis who runs the show at Reproimage / jellis@reproimage.com
He's a great guy and his tech Matt is a guru on the Mutoh's.
good luck

Headhunterx

Take the head out and clean the socket where the flat cables go and also the end of the flat cables with alcohol and the blow it out with compressed air and make sure it is totally dry (I would let it set in front of a fan for at least an hour or longer before I put it back in) and then pray you did not short it out usually it blows the fuse on the motherboard. I work on these a lot.

Hope this helps,
Richard

Gfx Signs

Well,,,,,,, looks like main board is toast.. All the tricks I/You could think of couldn't fix it. Talked with Einstein Gfx and Scott seems to think the mainboard is causing problem. The cleaning, cable swap, head swap, and CR board all failed.

Thanks for everyones help.. looks like I'll have some parts soon. 7 good heads, CR board, NIT board... Etc.....

Thanks again..