• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print head fuse?

toodark

Does the Falcon Outdoor 62 have a print head fuse? The reason I'm asking is I changed heads and now one will not print at all.

Graphics2u

Does the Falcon Outdoor 62 have a print head fuse? The reason I'm asking is I changed heads and now one will not print at all.
Yes they do. But you could have one of several problems.

Did you?:
Put in the new head rank info?

Fill the ink lines and Dampers?

Stealth Ryder

did you remove AC Power from the system before replacing the Print Head??? If you did blow a fuse, here is a pic indicating where they are: :supersmilie:

Attachments

• Fuse Falcon outdoor46-62.jpg
    Fuse Falcon outdoor46-62.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 370

Stealth Ryder

Well, that is a pic of a Mainboard for a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 46/62. They are exactly the same only different Firmware. Look in the upper left 1/4 section of the board.

toodark

This Printer Is Killing Me

OK, on the motherboard where the ribbon cable goes for the print heads it has head1 and head 2. Looking at the printer from the front is the head on left head 1?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 251

Stealth Ryder

That is the Head Board, not the Mainboard... The MB is under the machine in the black box. 5 screws I think and it will hinge down...

Stealth Ryder

The MB is approx 18 inches by 10 inches. The flat cables from the HB run directly to the MB, follow them. The fuses are to the left of the Head Cables on the MB.

toodark

OOOO!!! OK, The ribbon cable runs from the print heads to the HB. the HB has head 1 and head 2. which head is 1 and 2. Looking at the printer from the front is the head on the left 1 or 2? Thanks for all your help stealth. :U Rock:

Jeana

38" prismjet not printing

Hello, this is my first posting and i really need help, I have a 38" prismjet, changed the capping station and pump, I can manually pull ink from the drain lines and when doing a cleaning i can watch the ink drain, but when i try to print something no ink is laying on media, and of course they want 100's of dollars to come look at it, any suggestions?

toodark

My guess is you have a blown head fuse. Take a meter and measure across the head fuse and see if you have continuity throught the fuse.

Last edited:

OPTIMA GRAPHICS

Replacing the fuses

I just bought and ebay special and i am having the same issue of no ink out of the print heads. how do you test the fuses to see if they are blown and if they are can the be bought easy enough and installed or does one of the big dollar technicians have to do it.

OPTIMA GRAPHICS

fuses

doesn't say much qabout the fuse process agree, this is a good consideration that it is a blown fuse but how can i test the fuse, where can i buy them and how do i replace them.

toodark

I replaced my fuses with a fuse holder and fuse. I left alone the fuse that were on the board. I did a search on here and found a list of parts I need and di it myself. I do not have the partnumbers for the fuses or holder. I bought them from Radio Shack.

Read this ENTIRE thread: http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45626 This was the thred I used. Use a multimeter and measure across the fuse.