Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Print Head Issue

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by tandem signs, Nov 8, 2012.

1. tandem signs

tandem signs Member

Apr 17, 2011
    I have attached photos of my issue below. Quick background on this, I was in maintenance mode making some slight head slant adjustments finished up and did a test print just to make sure everything was still printing. My first print came out fine except for the CYAN. It printed half the pattern for CYAN and then 2 lines all the way across the media. I then printed another and basically got a solid CYAN bar across the media along with the rest of the nozzle check pattern. Any ideas what this could be? I was thinking maybe the wires that go to the head? Any help would be great!

Thanks,
    Keith

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Conor Knoxx

Conor Knoxx Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Gananoque, ON
    I have a VJ1204. Mine was doing exactly the same thing about a year and a half ago. I found if I fully powered it off (off / unplug / push power button discharge capacitors) it would reset and clear. Sometimes I'd have to try 2 or 3 times. Then it would work fine for a few days.... or 20 minutes, it was totally random.

I ended up replacing the print head and it was fine since.
    Not saying that's the problem here - just my experience with a similar problem. Good luck!

3. Compilla

Compilla Active Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Perhaps a connection issue..

Reseat all the head cables on the head board and the 3 data cables that travel all the way to the motherboard.

Good Luck!

4. tandem signs

tandem signs Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Thanks guys! I tried both of your suggestions this morning when I got in to work and eventually it went away. This machine is incredibly sketchy at best these days. Thanks again!

5. tandem signs

tandem signs Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Do either of you know anything about head slant adjustments?