• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Head Issue

tandem signs

I have attached photos of my issue below. Quick background on this, I was in maintenance mode making some slight head slant adjustments finished up and did a test print just to make sure everything was still printing. My first print came out fine except for the CYAN. It printed half the pattern for CYAN and then 2 lines all the way across the media. I then printed another and basically got a solid CYAN bar across the media along with the rest of the nozzle check pattern. Any ideas what this could be? I was thinking maybe the wires that go to the head? Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Keith

Attachments

• image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 93
  • image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 95

Conor Knoxx

I have a VJ1204. Mine was doing exactly the same thing about a year and a half ago. I found if I fully powered it off (off / unplug / push power button discharge capacitors) it would reset and clear. Sometimes I'd have to try 2 or 3 times. Then it would work fine for a few days.... or 20 minutes, it was totally random.

I ended up replacing the print head and it was fine since.
Not saying that's the problem here - just my experience with a similar problem. Good luck!

Compilla

Perhaps a connection issue..

Reseat all the head cables on the head board and the 3 data cables that travel all the way to the motherboard.

Good Luck!

tandem signs

Thanks guys! I tried both of your suggestions this morning when I got in to work and eventually it went away. This machine is incredibly sketchy at best these days. Thanks again!